Panoramic views of Montezuma Valley with unparalleled sunsets give you hours of leisurely rest on the wrap around porches. Mesa Verde National World Heritage Park and Ute Mountain are the views out your floor to ceiling living room windows. Our 40 acres have a meandering walking trial built by Phil of the famous Phil's World mountain biking course in Cortez, CO. This is a lovely way to start or end your days of exploration in the area. There is a shared hot tub that affords the most amazing star gazing and dreaming during your special vacation in this enchanted country...If you have a larger group than what the casa accommodates there is a small studio space with one bath, queen bed, microwave, toaster oven and mini fridge at extra pricing. Let us help you make this an enriched experience here in the southwest! Please note detailed driving directions from every entry point into our area are under "Hospitality" on this site...
Places of Interest: all within 1-4 hours drive
* Mesa Verde National World Heritage Park- ancient cliff dwellings & tours
* Ute Mountain Tribal Park - seasonal, personally guided tours
* Hovenweep National Monument- ancient towers & cliff dwellings
* Crow Canyon Archaeological Center- educational talks and experiential workshops about ancient peoples and dwellings in the entire southwestern states
* Dolores River Canyon- fly fishing, canoeing, hiking, picnics
* Telluride- skiing, snowmobiling, hiking, biking, fly fishing, 4-wheeling, fine dining, gallery walking, annual jazz & blues music, art & film, and culinary festivals
* Durango- skiing, snowmobiling, Trimble Hot Springs, Durango Narrow Gauge Railroad, hiking, mountain biking, rafting, fly fishing, brew pubs & dining, galleries, concerts & film festivals, Snow Down Festival, Music in the Mountains
* Pagosa Springs- hot springs, skiing Wolf Creek Pass, snowmobiling, hiking, fly fishing, horseback riding, 4-wheeling, blue grass festivals, meditation centers
* Moab and Canyon Lands, Arches National Park, Utah- technical rock climbing, hiking, slick rock biking, rafting, jeeping rallies, 4-wheeling, rafting
*Monument Valley - historic trading post and surreal rock formations
*Four Corners Monument - where the 4 states, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, intersect and you can be in all of them with a bit of body "gyrations"
* Northern New Mexico- pueblos & native cultures’ annual feast and festival days, Chaco Canyon, Canyon de Chelley, arts and cultural events of Taos, Abiquiui, Santa Fe, Albuquerque, and local hot springs with massage and body therapies
Casa Cielo, The Dwelling
Located on 40 acres of high-desert pinon juniper terrain on an open canyon ridge, this retreat vacation home floats above the Montezuma Valley. Off the beaten path, the only noise you might hear is the occasional contented mooing of grazing cattle or the yipping of skittish coyotes on graceful moonlit nights.
Your separate dwelling features two bedrooms ( 2 queens), 2 baths, and an open kitchen-living area. The large expanse of encased windows let you contemplate the geologic intersection between valley, mesa and mountains. A sleeper couch in the upper-level open den which looks over the canyon from your front door can accommodate two additional people. A second building on the premises can be used for an additional dormitory or retreat space.
Personal guided fly-fishing trips with a resident master-fisherman and therapeutic massage sessions are available upon request. Enjoy our private hiking/mountain bike riding trail for those daily cardio workouts by stepping out your back door. The separate 400 square foot meeting hall can be used for secluded creative endeavors such as writing, music, meditation, yoga practice or other quiet activities.
Need to escape your daily routines and hectic schedules? Get creative, get quiet, or get active with unparalleled, thrilling, year round, outdoor experiences in a locale that offers hiking, biking, skiing, 4-wheeling, fishing, canoeing and rafting as starters.
In a more northerly direction, only an hour and a half drive away, is the glamour and glitz of the transformed mining town and ski area of Telluride. This Victorian vintage-style village is world famous for its annual outdoor music, arts, culinary and wine events, and film festivals. A free gondola ride will put you on top of the world for views that will take your breath away...
Rich in First American cultures, we are within half a day’s drive to the pueblos of northern New Mexico and their festive feast days and unique artistic expressions in pottery, silver-smithing and upright loom weavings. Taos, Santa Fe, and Albuquerque bring the colorful architectural and art influences of the old country of Spain and its more modern expressions through its mingling with southwestern traditions and landscapes.Get the full listing »