Have an unforgettable Dolores escape at ‘Eagle’s Nest Chalet,’ a charming 3-bed, 2-bath vacation rental home sleeping 6! Perched on a hilltop, this 19-acre estate is wheelchair accessible and offers dramatic full compass views from a furnished wraparound porch. With several walking trails to explore onsite, as well as many outdoor activities nearby, this is the perfect home to host your next reunion or retreat!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Studio: Queen Bed
Drive up the private entrance of this 19-acre estate to discover this luxury chalet! From the moment you step onto the deck, you're sure to adore 360-degree views of all 4 states, Mesa Verde National Park, the San Juan Mountains, and the La Plata Mountains.
Inside offers 1,200 square feet of living space, where natural light illuminates the room through floor-to-ceiling windows. With vaulted ceilings, an open-floor concept, and stone fireplace, the main room is the perfect space to entertain! During downtime, anyone can kick back and stream their favorite Netflix or Amazon shows on the flat-screen Smart TV.
There's no better place to mix and mingle with your loved ones than on the sprawling wraparound porch! Step out from the sliding glass doors, fire up the gas grill, and host a cookout that everyone will always remember. Side dishes can be prepared in the fully equipped kitchen, complete with all the tools you'll need to create a flavorful feast.
An added perk of this property is that it allows onsite events! Whether you're here for a church gathering, hunting retreat, or family reunion, the home's beautiful outdoor setting is the ideal spot for any event. Even better, your local Guest Contact can connect you with some of the best caterers and vendors in the area!
As the sun sets, unwind by taking a leisurely stroll on one of the many developed trails or paths on the property, where you can admire the ancient juniper trees that have twisted and turned over the centuries.
From the covered, furnished porch, you can also admire the surrounding nature. The scenic views showcase how geologically diverse southwest Colorado is and are sure to put your mind at ease.
When you retire for the night, choose from one of 2 bedrooms in the main house, or enjoy a bit of privacy in the lower-level studio.
-- THE LOCATION --
With an endless list of outdoor recreational activities to choose from, you'll never run out of things to do! The San Juan Mountains are a short drive away offering abundant opportunities for hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, zip lining, river rafting, kayaking, jeep adventures, snowmobiling, and much more. If you’re visiting in the winter, be sure to shred the ski slopes at Lizard Head, Telluride, and Durango!
An easy 20-minute drive will take you to Mesa Verde National Park, home to unique ancient cliff dwellings and over 5,000 archeological sites. If you're willing to venture further, make your way to the Four Corners National Monument, Durango, or Telluride!
For a day trip, hop the border into Utah and explore the natural wonders of Canyonlands National Park or Arches National Park.
To stay closer to town, pop over to Cortez to find quaint shops, tasty restaurants, a rec center, the Conquistador Golf Course, and parks with tennis. You can also find many brewery and kush tours in the area. The Canyons of The Ancients Museum, McPhee Reservoir, and the town of Dolores are only 7 minutes north!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental wants your vacation experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it easy, we help you find a property you love, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our properties are safe, clean, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that’s on your mind. It’s a fresh new approach to vacation rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, flat-screen Smart TV, free WiFi, a wood-burning fireplace, swamp cooling air conditioning, ceiling fans, linens, towels, complimentary toiletries, in-unit laundry machines, a large wraparound deck, patio furniture, a gas grill, 19 acres, walking trails, covered parking, and more!
- Incredible Dolores Location - Just minutes from numerous outdoor activities, Cortez, Dolores, Mesa Verde National Park, and Four Corners National Monument!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Durango-La Plata County Airport (~61.4 miles away)
- Airport 2: Boutique Airline - Cortez Airport
On-Site Event Information:
- This property rests on 19 scenic acres and is ideal for events and gatherings!
- Maximum number of people allowed at the property: 50
- Event fee(s): Required. Please inquire with Evolve
- Outside services/vendor details: Allowed. Please inquire with Dora for recommendations
- Event parking: In the field at the entrance of the property
- Alcohol policies: Allowed. Guests must supply their own
- Event insurance: Required. Please inquire with Evolve
- An additional cleaning fee may be required
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »