Updated on Aug 19, 2019
|What||Not So Urban Athletics: Kayaking/Canoeing the Delaware River|
|When||Saturday, August 24, 2019
10:00 AM to 06:00 PM
|By||NYC Chill Hiking, Camping, and Other Activities|
|Where||Edge of the Woods Outfitters
129 Main Street
Delaware Water Gap, pa 18327
|How to find us||We will meet at the registration desk at 10:00AM.|
Question: Kayak + paddle + river =????
Answer: A day of fun on the water!
And that is exactly what we will have spending a day paddling down the Delaware River. We paddled the Delaware a few times in the past and had fantastic days on the water. Let's head back and do it again! This trip is good for beginner paddlers. You don't need any experience, but you do need to have the capability to paddle for 10 miles.
How much it costs depends on what kind of boat you'd like! See below for rates (all prices are plus tax). If you're not comfortable paddling alone, make a comment and see if someone will buddy up with you in a tandem kayak or a canoe.
- Solo Kayaks: $42 per person
- Inflatable Kayaks: $42 per person
- Tandem Kayaks: $42 per person
- Inflatable Tandems: $42 per person
- Canoes: $40
You MUST book your boat online beforehand. Follow these directions:
- Go to https://www.watergapadventure.com/river-trips?fh-u=3b884c3f-4193-457d-9e45-96dce848d46f
- Scroll down to the 10 mile river trip (Smithfield Beach to Portland)
- Click the "Book Now" button
- Choose August 24th on the calendar
- Choose what kind of boat you want to paddle and how many
- Enter 10:00AM as the start time
- Select the 10 mile trip
- Enter your credit card information to finish the purchase
The Important Stuff...
• Distance paddled will be 10 miles and we'll be on the river about 5 hours.
• Bad weather cancels the meetup -- check your email before you leave for updates.
• I will post my mobile number a few days before the event. If you have any problems or questions text or call me. Please be on time as we won't
wait for latecomers.
Some Other Important Stuff...
• Wear river shoes or old sneakers at all times.
• Bring shorts, bathing suit, a tee shirt and wind-breaker plus sun screen. Also bring a rain poncho in case of showers.
• Bring a post-trip change of clothing and shoes for a comfortable ride home in case you get wet.
• Bring food and drinks! Plan to bring enough for a day on the river, especially drinks, you'll be thirstier than you realize. NO GLASS CONTAINERS ALLOWED!
• Use waterproof cases for all valuables, and be certain to keep cameras and cell phones in waterproof cases or containers, such as ziplock bags. Personally, I recommend not bringing anything onto the river that you'd mind getting wet.
• Whatever litter we carry in, we carry out.
We will need to carpool for this event. When you RSVP please indicate if you will be able to drive -- where from and how many passengers you can carry. If you need a ride, please indicate so and where you are located -- be proactive an contact drivers directly to arrange your ride. As a courtesy, gas and tolls should be shared among all riders.
First tee time 10:00 am. Please arrive by 9:30 $41 to walk. $60 to ride...
Question: Kayak + paddle + river =???? Answer: A day of fun on the water! And that is exactly what we will have spending a day paddling down the Delaware...
Join us for the big CSA event once again...this time we will be hiking the future route of the Warren Highlands Trail as a scouting trip heading east from...
This Is A Location Change! Join us for another round of golf at Riverview Country Club. If you played there earlier this year and shot a score similar to mine...
We'll setup camp for this trip at Camp Taylor Campground in Blairstown, NJ. Sites have electric hookups and water for those that require it and there is also a dump...
If you like your mysteries thrilling and suspenseful, then hold on to your reading chair for this Hitchcockian tale that is sure to keep you riveted through its climactic conclusion...
Come out and join us for a night of learning, Networking and fun. We will be going over Negotiating with sellers like a pro and the mindset strategies required to...
About Our Meet up:While anxiety and stress can have a negative influence on the efficiency of your brain and thinking skills, contributing to fuzzy thinking and memory problems, the following...
***We're going to try snagging an outside table.*** We usually read books that were published a few years past or longer, but here's one that just came out. This...
Attendance Cost is $10.00Bring Business Cards...
• What we'll doAmazing things happen when women team up – especially when you add fine wine to the mix. Whether you’re at the end of your rope or the...
Delaware River - Milford Beach to The Gap2-Nights Camping on the River.Canoe Rentals Available. MAP - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IJrY6I5LYqsjZ-LOJ-0mHNcbHR9_SPpu&usp=sharing This is a 3-day, 2-night canoe trip from...
***First thing to mention: We don't have a specific time yet to meet on October 5th, so we'll edit the meeting time when the Stroud Mall Cinemark releases its screening...