Our historic villa is in the old city centre of Split, in the middle of the pedestrian zone Not so far from the attractions of Split's old town, with its narrow lanes and a stylish environment and. The house offers 5 bedrooms, and is ideal for 6-10 people and is only rented out as a single unit during the peak season, from Saturday to Saturday.
It has a tropical garden with a swimming pool, protected from outside views and 200 sq.m in size. You will sit on a wonderfully tiled terrace by a stone table for up to 10 people, as you look on the palms and the swimming pool in the garden. The house was entirely hollowed out and remodelled with modern technology. There is internet and satellite TV in all the bedrooms. The kitchen is luxuriously furnished with all the appliances. The entire house is fully air-conditioned. Climate control can be separately set in each bedroom. Of course, the house can also be heated in winter with the same devices. The house is good for all age groups - it is only non-ideal for large groups of young people who like to party into the evening in the garden. This is because loud music in our neighbourhood is not acceptable after 10 PM.
A description of the house's bedrooms follows, to assist you in sharing the rooms:
- Main house: 2 bedrooms on the first floor with a WC on the same level. A large bathroom with a double washbasin and double shower right underneath on the ground level. The whole ensemble makes up a single unit with an access door. The larger of the two bedrooms has a double bed and a desk, while the smaller of the two has two single beds that can either be placed apart or put together into a double bed.
- Garden: a small double bedroom with an en-suite bathroom (with WC) can be accessed from the garden, where it is on the same level. The bedroom has a somewhat narrower double bed. In front of the bedroom entrance in the garden, there is a beautiful lounge set for reading and lazing about.
- Inner courtyard:
* A double bedroom is accessible on the same level as the sunlit inner courtyard, and has its own en-suite bathroom (with WC). The bedroom has a smaller bedroom than the other bedroom, and has two single beds that can either be placed apart or put together into a double bed. In front of the bedroom, there is a small table and a stone bench, where two people can sit and read or drink coffee.
* A large double bed on the first floor is accessible over stone stairs from the sunny inner courtyard. The bedroom has large double bed, a private desk and a particularly nice en-suite bathroom (with WC). In front of the bedroom, there is a small private terrace on the first floor under a laurel tree that twists towards the beautiful inner courtyard. On this terrace, there is a table and chairs for 4 people.
Furthermore, there is a common area:
In the large kitchenette, there is a fully-equipped kitchen built in 2009 with everything that you need. If at any time some little thing is missing, we ask that you simply buy it in one of the neighbourhood stores and just leave it there when you depart. This is a small politeness for the sake of the other guests - and does not cost much.
Further on, the kitchenette has a couch set for four people in front of a large flatscreen TV with many international television programs. There is also a Bose sound system with an iPod dock. The open fireplace is only lit in winter, but all the same adds something to the ambience in summer.
You can sit around the extendible dining table on one of the very few stormy days.
The private terrace:
This covered sitting area has a view of the garden. There is a stone table, armchairs and a stone bench for 10 people. This is the communications centre of the house: meals are eaten, wine is drunk, and games and discussions are held.
This 200-sq.m area is planted with plants and spices that can be used in the kitchen. There are palm trees, a large lemon tree (please leave lemons for the other guests as well!), and many other plants.
In addition, there is a lounge set, a deck chair, and several small walls where you can sunbathe.
Our guests are mostly groups of 6-10 people:
- Large families with children that can either already swim well, or are watched around the open swimming pool
- Groups of two such families of 4-5 people each (10 or fewer people in total)
- Families with children and grandparents
- Those interested in culture, who want to see the city and partake in excursions
- Girls' groups: women of all ages who vacation once a year and enjoy the culture and excellent nightlife in Split
- Athletic groups that use the house as a base for bike tours, kayak tours on the Soca River, motorcycle tours in the surroundings and many more activities.
- And so on, and so forth - please don't be offended if I failed to mention one of our main groups of clients.Get the full listing »