Rental basis: Entire house or apartment
Number of bedrooms: 3; Number of other rooms with beds: 0
Number of bathrooms: 3
The Villa also features satellite/cable TV, wi-fi, and a fully furnished kitchen with all amenities. Furnished front terrace (50sqm) with a barbecue, beach chairs and covered with a beautiful stone-wood pergola + 120 sqm roof terrace will help guests to enjoy every minute of their stay in the area. The Villa lies next to the seaside and is just 5 metres from the shore. Guests will find a number of shops and restaurants within 15 minutes' walk, or 1,3 km, from the accommodation, whilst the nearest public transport links are a 20-minute walk, or 1.4 km, away.
Villa Mandy is situated in Banja bay and is the perfect base from which to explore the Elafiti islands, Ston (15 km distance), the Arboretum Trsteno (20 km distance) and Dubrovnik city (36 km distance).
WHERE TO GO?
* The Elaphiti Islands or the Elaphites is a small archipelago consisting of several islands stretching northwest of Dubrovnik, in the Adriatic sea. The Elaphites have a total land area of around 30 square kilometres (12 square miles) and a population of 850 inhabitants. The islands are covered with characteristic Mediterranean evergreen vegetation and attract large numbers of tourists during the summer tourist season due to their beaches and pristine scenery.
* Ston was a major fort of the Ragusan Republic whose defensive walls were regarded as a notable feat of medieval architecture. The town's inner wall measures 890 metres in length, while the Great Wall outside the town has a circumference of 5 km. The walls extend to Mali Ston ("Little Ston"), a smaller town on the northern side of the Pelješac isthmus and the end of the Bay of Mali Ston, notable for its mariculture.
Ston is also known for its saltworks which were run by the Republic of Ragusa and the Ottoman Empire.
* Dubrovnik, the 'Pearl of the Adriatic', on the Dalmatian coast, was an important Mediterranean sea power from the 13th century onwards. Although severely damaged by an earthquake in 1667, Dubrovnik managed to preserve its beautiful Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque churches, monasteries, palaces and fountains.
* Dubrovnik was founded in the first half of the 7th century by a group of refugees from Epidaurum, who established their settlement at the island and named it Laus. The Latin name Ragusa (Rausa), in use until the 15th century, originated from the rock (Lat. lausa = rock)
* The Arboretum Trsteno was erected by the local noble family Gozze in the late 15th century, who requested ship captains to bring back seeds and plants from their travels. The exact start date for the arboretum is unknown, but it was already in existence by 1492, when a 15 m span aqueduct to irrigate the arboretum was constructed; this aqueduct is still in use. Trsteno is also well known for its two giant sycamores. One is tall 41 and second 33.3 meters. The age of these trees is estimated at about 500 years. At the beginning of the 15th century, Captain James Florio Anthony (Florio Jakoba Antunova), known as Indian, was impressed by the beauty of large and old trees, on the Bosporus and he brought five seedlings in Trsteno, which were planted by the source. Two trees have survived to this day and has developed into a huge sycamores, among the greatest in Europe.Get the full listing »