Feel secure with hospitable local Costa Rican hosts who spent 15 years in the states. The condo is the perfect mix of comfort and elegance, and above all location! 1.5-2 hours from San Jose makes it a perfect, easy get away.
THE SPACE• Easy, beautiful 1.5-2 hour drive from San Jose and accessible from both coasts Turrialba is THE Adventure Capital. Rustic and off the beaten bath perfectly describe this hidden jewel.
• Bright, cheerful, and cozy open living space with 12' ceilings throughout
• All appliances and furniture are brand new! Now includes washing machine as of 2017.
• 1 queen and 2 twin size beds that are exceptionally comfortable with thick luxury mattress pads for added support
• Appliances include full size fridge, large stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, and fully stocked fully functional kitchen including kitchen utensils, plates, etc.
• Freestanding wardrobe closet in both bedrooms
• Large windows in every room
• Gated patio and roofed car port
• Free wifi, cable tv, and hot water shower
• Like the title suggests location, location, location! By far best location in town. You can adventure in the mountains all day, but it's nice to cozy up in town at the end of the night.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
Parents lived in the states for 15 years and are now squarely tucked away back in the homeland. Friendly, Knowledgable hosts merely 2 blocks away to help with any questions while maintaining full privacy
Firstly, I will elaborate on Turrialba as a whole. If you already have decided on visiting this heaven on earth and are only concerned with the specific neighborhood in town you can skip to the section below. This place is truly one of a kind even for Costa Rican standards. It has eluded the plague of over development seen in towns like La Fortuna and along the Northern Pacific and maintained the natural allure that seasoned travelers seek. 1.5 hours from the capital it sits halfway in-between San Jose and the Caribbean, and is a true adventure playground. It's home to Costa Rica's most active and largest Volcano, "Volcan Turrialba". It also hosts Rio Pacuare that has been named one of the five most beautiful rivers on the planet by NatGeo, and is world renowned for it's white water rapids. Tours including canyoneering, kayking, white water rafting, mountain biking, zip lining, bird watching, scenic hiking, and coffee and suger cane plantation tours among other things will keep both adrenaline junkies and the easy goers satisfied. If you want to experience the real Costa Rica and truly live with "no artificial ingredients" this is the place for you.
"Alto Cruz" is the quaintest and nicest neighborhood in Turri. Residential, quiet, and walking distance to anywhere in town including local restaurants, stores, parks, and bars. There is no heavy car or foot traffic like there can be in many other parts of town. My parents live two blocks away and after spending a decade and a half in American suburbia absolutely love the neighborhood and are happily raising my younger siblings there.
Turrialba is an 2 hour bus ride from San Jose. Also, a 2 hour bus ride to the Caribbean. Great central location for all your adventure needs, and the most breath taking mountainous scenery in the country. Condo is walking distance to the bus terminal.
Gated car port/outdoor garage. In the heart of Turrialba close to bus stops and walking distance to anywhere in town. Taxi services available as well..Get the full listing »