This historic, eclectic apartment, built in the 1920s, is a quiet escape in the city! Conveniently located on N. 4th St. near I-71 and the picturesque Iuka Ravine Park. There are 5 bedrooms with 6 comfortable queen beds and 1.5 bathrooms. The apartment feels much larger than its 1600 sq ft. but it's fine for two people also! If you are looking for something different, please let us know- we have several listings nearby on VRBO, including the apartment on the other side of the duplex (VRBO #966750).
Located close to the following:
Ohio Expo Center/Fairground- 0.8 mi
Ohio State University- 1.4 mi
Maphre Crew Stadium- 1.5 mi
Schottenstein Center- 1.9 mi
Convention Center- 2.8 mi
Downtown- within 3.8 mi radius to entire downtown area
Easton Town Center- 7.4 mi
Port Columbus Airport (CMH)- 9.5 mi
Please note ADDITIONAL GUEST FEES below.
The apartment can easily accommodate both small and large groups. There is WIFI throughout the duplex and central AC for the first two floors and window AC units for the 3rd floor. If you have an especially large group, please inquire about our other listings located nearby. Also inquire directly if you would like to host a special event; an additional fee applies starting at $100 and will vary depending on the event. All special event details must be approved prior to stay.
The first floor level has a small kitchen leading into the large dining room. Kitchen comes equipped with all things needed to cook a decent meal (pots, pans, plates, etc.) and has some basic cooking staples (ketchup, oil and vinegar, salt and pepper, sugar, coffee, tea, etc.). Dining room has seating for 6. The living area, separated by the stairs, has cable TV and plenty of seating! The connected front room has double doors to close off the room for privacy (if used as a bedroom) and had ample space for a queen air bed (see BYOAB below) and a half bathroom.
The second floor has 3 bedrooms, 1 full bathroom, and a covered, outdoor rear porch with seating area. Each bedroom has a comfortable queen bed (we routinely get compliments on this!) and plenty of closet space. The bedrooms are decent sizes and can easily fit a pack-n-play if needed. Please note* The rear bedroom has the stairway access to the 3rd floor and the door to the outdoor covered porch. The bathroom has double sinks and a bathtub. Plenty of towels, washcloths, a hair dryer, and shampoo/conditioner/body wash are provided.
The third floor is huge and has 3 comfortable queen beds- 1 bed is is one small room and 2 beds are in a loft style room. There are two window A/C units to help regulate the temperature on the 3rd floor during the summer months.
There is a covered front porch and a small fenced back yard that is shared with the other side of the duplex. Parking is located in the rear that is accessible by alley (see PARKING section below for parking details).
In Summary, sleeps up to 15 guests:
• Total: 6 queen beds, 1 full-size futon:
-1 full-size futon & 1 queen air bed(see BYOAB) (1st floor)
-3 bedrooms each w/ queen bed (2nd floor)
-4th & 5th bedroom w/ 3 queen beds (3rd floor)
• Kitchen- Large refrigerator/freezer, microwave, & gas stove/oven, pots/pans, cooking & eating utensils, plates, etc.
• Newly renovated bathroom w/ bathtub/shower
• WIFI (5GHZ) and cable TV provided
• Washer/dryer in basement (unfinished space)
• Covered 2nd floor rear porch with seating area
• Shared fenced-in backyard and covered front porch
• 2-3 off street parking spots for one side of duplex (see PARKING section below for more details)
BYOAB “Bring Your Own Air Bed”
We will allow 2 additional guests (guests 15 & 16) to sleep on an air mattress. This large duplex can accommodate 14, but we will allow up to 16 with the air bed, no more. We do ask guests to provide THEIR OWN air mattress. We are happy to supply bedding for the air mattress as long as we are informed 2 days prior to your arrival.
Queen sized air mattresses available FOR RENT for an additional $15 if you do not own an air mattress.
Pet dogs are allowed for a $35 fee per dog. You must notify us PRIOR to your stay. No cats or other animals allowed. If you are bringing a dog(s) please be courteous and clean up after them. We love furry friends, but we also love our properties and want them well kept. An additional charge of $150 will apply for any damages/stains from your pet.
ADDITIONAL GUEST FEES
Please note we have additional guest fees. $45 per person per night for the 4th guest and up! The purpose for this is so we can offer the apartment at cost effective prices to both small and large groups (for example, an apartment may be able to sleep 10+ guests but we lower the rate so 2-4 guests can rent it as well). The additional guest fee rate is per person per night and the amount fluctuates during our high and low seasons. Please see the quote breakdown when entering the number of guests and dates for your trip.
All number of guests changes must be done before the start of the reservation. Refunds for additional guest fees, if guests cannot make it, are under the HOSTS DISCRETION.
You will have access to the entire side of the duplex, shared backyard, and parking on one side of the duplex (for parking details, see PARKING section).
Hours of Access:
Check-in is anytime after 3 p.m.
Check-out is before 11:00 a.m.
*Early check-in and/or late check-out is $35 and must be approved by host *prior* to check-in.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
• Housekeeping service is per stay, not per night. Additional cleaning visits can be arranged for longer stays if needed. Visits must be paid in advance and are non-refundable if visits are cancelled.
• Pack n Play, high chair, and/or Queen air bed available upon request- please let us know your needs prior so we can prepare all the necessary items.
• There is no handicap access. There are 3-4 steps to enter both the front and back of the house.
• Guests with allergies and related medical issues and/or sensitivities- cleanliness is one of our top priorities, however we cannot 100% guarantee that the apartment is free of pet dander, cigarette smoke, air fresheners/cleaning product scents, or any other elements that may trigger a medical problem or sensitivity. Please note we cannot issue refunds due to the reasons above.
The duplex is located near Iuka Ravine on N. 4th St. We have lived here in the past and would again! There is a mix of musicians, professors, students, and working professionals live in the area. There are bus stops nearby and a nice park, the ravine, down the hill.
IS THE NEIGHBORHOOD SAFE?
We live nearby and feel the neighborhood is relatively safe, but it can be a bit intimidating if you are not use to city living. Please note this is the city- we do have petty crime in the Short North and University area, and always advise to practice not leaving valuables in your car (we have not had any issues at our apartments, I state this because we are in the city) and walk with a buddy at night on well-lit, busy roads such as High Street, Summit, and 5th Ave.
We are within miles of many popular restaurants and attractions in the Short North and downtown Columbus. These locations can be easily reached a number of ways:
Taxis --- Uber -- COTA (Central Ohio Transit Authority) bus --- CoGo (Rental Bikes) --- Car 2 Go (Car Rentals) --- CBUS circulator (runs Short North to German Village)
Uber and taxis are widely used in Central Columbus. It's about a 10 minute ride to the Short North, Columbus Convention Center, downtown, & German Village.
Please never leave valuables in your vehicle at any time. We are not liable for the loss/theft/damage of personal belongings and/or vehicles.
Street parking is available permit-free in front of the house on both sides (of N. 4th St.). You should have no issues finding a parking spot.
Street sweeping on North 4th Street is done every second Thursday and Friday of the month during April to November. * Do not park on the street, during these days to avoid getting towed.*
Private parking is available for guests in the back of the house. There are 2-3 parking spots for each side of the duplex. To maximize parking and maneuverability, park on the gravel section near the fence.
• Early check in/out is a $35 fee and must be approved by host prior
• DO NOT flush tampons!
• This is a duplex with a shared wall so please be courteous and keep noise to a minimum after 9pm.
• Ensure all heaters and A/C units are OFF before leaving the house.
• All guests must be paying registered guests. No additional guests allowed without prior written consent of the homeowner.
• Any evidence or smell of cigarette, marijuana, etc. inside the house will be AUTOMATIC loss of deposit. No burning of anything in the house to include candles, incense, etc.
• No Smoking in house or on any porches!!
• No confetti or glitter inside. Cleanup is additional $25 fee.
• Damaged/stained towel fee- $10 per towel.
• Any parking fines/towing is at the expense of the vehicle owner
• Lock all doors and windows upon leaving.
• Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises of this property or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they may invite, with Homeowners consent, to use the premise.
• Any parking fines/towing is at the expense of the vehicle owner
• Any evidence of damage caused by Guests will result in additional charges to Guest, depending on the extent of damage. The Homeowner reserves the right to assess damage and charge Guest as needed.
100% of the security deposit will be refunded if there are no damagesGet the full listing »