Experience a one-of-a-kind stay in this custom Short North home! Located on Summit St between High & N. 4th St, this 5 bedroom, 4.5 bath home with *basement option that has 3 queen beds + 1 bathroom* is the perfect private setting for your group's stay in Columbus. The main floor is 1200 SqFt with seating for 15+ people. Whether you are visiting Nationwide Arena, the Convention Center, or OSU, we are just minutes away (within 2 miles)! This gorgeous home is perfect for hosting events as well.
Please see ADDITIONAL GUEST FEES section below.
Columbus Convention Center- 0.6 mi
OSU Stadium- 2.5 mi
Downtown- all areas of interest are within 2.2 mi radius
Ohio Expo Center/ Fairgrounds/Maphre Crew Stadium- 2.2 mi
Schottenstein Center- 3.2 mi
Easton Mall- 10 mi
The first floor has an eat-in kitchen, quartz countertops, and stainless-steel appliances. Kitchen has all pots, pans, plates, etc. needed to make a decent home-cooked meal and has some basic cooking staples (oil, salt and pepper, sugar, coffee, tea, etc.) The adjoining dining table can seat 8 guests in addition to the seating for 6 people at the kitchen island. Adjoining living room TV has cable. The first floor bedroom has a queen bed and bathroom with shower (no bathtub). There is a private backyard with a lounge area and outdoor dining area.
The second floor has 4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, and laundry closet. The master bedroom includes a bathroom and dual closets. The master bathroom has double sinks and a large soaking tub. The remaining 3 bedrooms have comfortable queen beds, plenty of closet space, and share a hallway bathroom. Two of the bedrooms are spacious (although NOTE the 3rd bedroom is small) and can easily fit a pack-n-play. We provide an iron/iron board, plenty of towels, washcloths, a hair dryer, body soap, and shampoo/conditioner.
Basement area is available *upon request* for groups of 6 guests or more. Basement will not be accessible if the stated requirements are not met prior to arrival. The basement has 3 queen beds and 1 full shower-only bathroom (in addition to the 3.5 bathrooms located on the 1st and 2nd floor). 2 queen beds are located in an open area.
1st & 2nd floors sleeps up to 11 guests (or 13 guests w/ airbed)
• 2nd floor (4) bedrooms w/ 3 queen beds, 1 twin trundle bed
• 1st floor bedroom w/ shower bathroom & queen bed
Basement sleeps up to 6 guests (or 8 guests w/airbed)
• Basement access is for reservations of 6 guests or more
• 7 Queen Beds, 2 Twins (trundle bed), 4.5 bathrooms
BYOAB “Bring Your Own Air Bed”
We will allow 2 additional guests to sleep on an air mattress. We do ask guests to provide THEIR OWN air mattress. We are happy to supply bedding for the air mattress as long as we are informed 2 days prior to your arrival.
Queen sized air mattresses available FOR RENT for an additional $15 if you do not own an air mattress.
ADDITIONAL GUEST FEES
Please note there is an additional guest fee of $55 per person per night past for the 4th guest and above. The purpose for this is so we can offer the apartment at cost effective prices to both small and large groups (for example, an apartment may be able to sleep 10+ guests but we lower the rate so 2-4 guests can rent it as well). The quote breakdown will include the additional guest fees, if applicable, when entering the number of guests and dates for your trip. All number of guests changes must be done before the start of the reservation. Refunds for additional guest fees, if guests cannot make it, are under the HOSTS DISCRETION. Please note there is exterior video surveillance- registered, paying overnight guests only.
You will have access to the entire home, private backyard, and parking pad in front of the garage. Garage is not included.
Hours of Access:
Check-in is 3 p.m.
Checkout is 11 a.m.
*Late check-out is $35 and must be approved by host *prior* to stay.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
• Housekeeping service is per stay, not per night. Additional cleaning visits can be arranged for longer stays if needed. Visits must be paid in advance and are non-refundable if visits are cancelled. Please inquire when booking.
• Pack n Play, high chair, and/or Queen air bed available upon request- please let us know your needs prior so we can prepare all the necessary items.
• There is no handicap access. There are two steps to enter the front of the house.
• Guests with allergies and related medical issues and/or sensitivities- cleanliness is one of our top priorities, however we cannot 100% guarantee that the apartment is free of pet dander, cigarette smoke, air fresheners/cleaning product scents, or any other elements that may trigger a medical problem or sensitivity. Please note we cannot issue refunds due to the reasons above.
• PLEASE do not wear shoes on any carpeted areas...THANK YOU
The Short North Arts District is one of the Midwest’s best kept secrets. There is a huge variety of unique shops, bars and restaurants, and art galleries along High Street and a number of annual events that take place year-round. We have a thorough list of recommendations in the house to local bakeries, cafes, and restaurants.
The Short North is made up of several historic neighborhoods; this home is located in Italian Village on Summit St., between First Ave and Warren St. Just two blocks away from High Street!
IS THE NEIGHBORHOOD SAFE?
We live nearby and feel the neighborhood is relatively safe, but it can be a bit intimidating if you are not use to city living. Please note this is the city- we do have petty crime in the Short North and University area, and always advise to practice not leaving valuables in your car (we have not had any issues at our apartments, I state this because we are in the city) and walk with a buddy at night on well-lit, busy roads such as High Street, Summit, and 5th Ave.
Near the following:
• Restaurants- Union Café, The Eagle, Hubbard Grille, PhilCo, etc.
• Bars & breweries- The Pint House, Union Café, Bernards, etc.
• Banks- Huntington & Chase
• Grocery stores- Kroger & Giant Eagle Market Fresh (Third Ave, Grandview)
• Downtown- all areas of interest are within 2.2 mile radius!
We are right in the middle of High Street and the up-and-coming N. 4th Street. You can easily walk to dozens of restaurants and shopping. All other locations can be easily reached a number of ways:
Taxis --- Uber -- COTA (Central Ohio Transit Authority) bus --- CoGo (Rental Bikes) --- Car 2 Go (Car Rentals) --- CBUS circulator
About the CBUS circulator- It's FREE transportation from the Short North through downtown, all the way to German Village. Bus stops are at many points along High Street.
We are in the heart of the city so sometimes parking requires a little planning. We can assist if you have any issues!
ON-STREET PARKING- All streets are by permit only (guest pass $3/day). Columbus meter maids love to give tickets- read the parking street signs in the downtown area!
FREE OFF STREET PARKING- There is a sloped concrete pad available that can fit 1 vehicle in front of the garage accessible by the back alley.
1. Do not park in space that is not on the concrete pad directly in front of the blue garage. This is not our property and you will be towed.
2. Please never leave valuables in your vehicle at any time. We are not liable for the loss/theft/damage of personal belongings and/or vehicles.
• DO NOT flush tampons!!!
• Please be courteous to neighbors and keep noise to a minimum after 9pm.
• No parties, strictly enforced with police escort, no refunds.
• NO PETS!!
• All guests must be paying registered guests. No additional guests allowed without prior written consent of the homeowner.
• NO SMOKING in house or on any porches!! Any evidence or smell of cigarette, marijuana, etc. inside the house will be AUTOMATIC loss of deposit. No burning of anything in the house to include candles, incense, etc.
• No confetti or glitter inside. For our cleaner’s sanity. Cleanup is additional $25 fee.
• Damaged/stained towel fee- $10/per towel. Please note that foundation makeup does not come off the white towels.
• Any parking fines/towing is at the expense of the vehicle owner
• Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises of this property or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they may invite, with Homeowners consent, to use the premise.
• Any evidence of damage caused by Guests will result in additional charges to Guest, depending on the extent of damage. The Homeowner reserves the right to assess damage and charge Guest as needed.
100% deposit will be refunded if no damages occur with 7 business days.Get the full listing »