The Grey and Green House basement apartment is a brand new 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment located in Victorian Village, Short North. The 1300 Sq Ft apartment, with it's own private entrance, is the perfect space for short or long trips. An open layout includes the living room area, dining area and kitchen. This is a newly constructed home in historic Victorian Village, Short North. If you are looking for the comforts of home -away from home- in close proximity to the Short North & OSU-- this is the place for you!
Columbus Convention Center- 1.6 mi
OSU Stadium- 1.9 mi
Downtown- all areas within 2.2 mi
Ohio Expo/ Fairground/Mapfre Stadium- 1.7 mi
Schottenstein Center- 2.4 mi
Easton Mall- 6.6 mi
This private basement apartment is located just 1.6 miles from the Convention Center and 1.9 miles from OSU. Please note, we do not host guests that reside in the Columbus area.
Located in the basement level: Open living space with living room, laundry, Kitchen and dining space. The living room has plenty of seating and has cable TV.
The kitchen has quartz countertops, stainless steel appliances, and all things needed to cook a large family meal (pots, pans, plates, glassware etc.) and has some basic cooking staples (olive oil, salt and pepper, sugar, coffee, tea, etc.). We provide a Mr. Coffee machine and Folders coffee too.
The adjoining kitchen table can seat 6 guests in addition to the seating another 3 people in the living room area.
The apartment has a laundry closet with a washer and dryer.
Bedroom 1 contains 1 queen bed. Bedroom 2 has two queen beds. Both bedrooms are spacious and can easily fit a pack-n-play. The bathroom has a tub & shower. We provide an iron/iron board, plenty of towels, washcloths, a hair dryer, body soap, and shampoo/conditioner. Q-Tips too!
In Summary, this home sleeps up to 6-7 guests:
• Bedroom 1: 1 queen bed
• Bedroom 2: 2 queen beds
• Open floor plan with kitchen/dining/living room
• WIFI (5GhZ) and cable provided
• Refrigerator/freezer, microwave, gas stove/oven, pots/pans, cooking & eating utensils, plates, etc.
• Laundry w/ washer/dryer, detergent
• OFF-street parking for 1 car, $6 guest pass permit/hourly pay street parking available
BYOAB “Bring Your Own Air Bed”
We will allow 2 additional guests to sleep on an air mattress. We do ask guests to provide THEIR OWN air mattress. We are happy to supply bedding for the air mattress as long as we are informed 2 days prior to your arrival.
Queen sized air mattresses available FOR RENT for an additional $15 if you do not own an air mattress.
Additional Guest Fees
Please note there is an additional guest fee of $35 per person per night for the 4th guest and up. The purpose for this is so we can offer the apartment at cost effective prices to both small and large groups (for example, an apartment may be able to sleep 10+ guests but we lower the rate so 2-4 guests can rent it as well). The quote breakdown will include the additional guest fees, if applicable, when entering the number of guests and dates for your trip. All number of guests changes must be done before the start of the reservation. Refunds for additional guest fees, if guests cannot make it, are under the HOSTS DISCRETION. Please note there is exterior video surveillance- registered, paying overnight guests only.
HOURS OF ACCESS
Check-in is 3 p.m.
Checkout is 11 a.m.
ADDITIONAL THINGS TO NOTE
• Housekeeping service is per stay, not per night. Additional cleaning visits can be arranged for longer stays if needed. Visits must be paid in advance and are non-refundable if visits are cancelled. Please inquire when booking.
• Pack n Play, high chair, and/or Queen air bed available upon request- please let us know your needs prior so we can prepare all the necessary items.
• Guests with allergies and related medical issues and/or sensitivities- cleanliness is one of our top priorities, however we cannot 100% guarantee that the apartment is free of pet dander, cigarette smoke, air fresheners/cleaning product scents, or any other elements that may trigger a medical problem or sensitivity. Please note we cannot issue refunds due to the reasons above.
The Short North Arts District is one of the Midwest’s best kept secrets. There is a huge variety of unique shops, bars and restaurants, and art galleries along High Street and a number of annual events that take place year-round. We have a thorough list of recommendations in the house to local bakeries, cafes, and restaurants.
The Short North is made up of several historic neighborhoods; this home is located in Victorian Village Village.
Near the following:
• Restaurants- Union Café, The Eagle, Hubbard Grille, PhilCo, etc.
• Bars & breweries- The Pint House, Union Café, Bernards, etc.
• Banks- Huntington & Chase
• Grocery stores- Kroger & Giant Eagle Market Fresh (Third Ave, Grandview)
• Downtown- all areas of interest are within 2.2 mile radius!
There is tons to do on High Street and the up-and-coming N. 4th Street. All locations can be easily reached a number of ways:
Taxis --- Uber -- COTA (Central Ohio Transit Authority) bus --- CoGo (Rental Bikes) --- Car 2 Go (Car Rentals) --- CBUS circulator
About the CBUS circulator- It s FREE transportation from the Short North through downtown, all the way to German Village. Bus stops are at many points along High Street.
Street parking in front of the house requires $6/day GUEST PASS or hourly parking paid via phone app meter. Local Tip: Columbus meter maids love to give tickets- read the parking street signs in the downtown area!
FREE OFF STREET PARKING- There is a 11 x 35 ft parking area available in the rear--Basement apartment guests can park 1 vehicle in space 0. DO NOT park in spaces 1 or 2 as they are reserved for house guests. Again, do not park on any other property under any circumstance. Help us preserve the peace and save yourself from getting towed.
Please never leave valuables in your vehicle at any time. We are not liable for the loss/theft/damage of personal belongings and/or vehicles.
• DO NOT flush tampons!!!
• Please be courteous to neighbors and keep noise to a minimum after 9pm.
• No parties, strictly enforced with police escort, no refunds.
• NO PETS!!
• All guests must be paying registered guests. No additional guests allowed without prior written consent of the homeowner.
• NO SMOKING in house or on any porches!! Any evidence or smell of cigarette, marijuana, etc. inside the house will be AUTOMATIC loss of deposit. No burning of anything in the house to include candles, incense, etc.
• No confetti or glitter inside. For our cleaner’s sanity. Cleanup is additional $25 fee.
• Damaged/stained towel fee- $10/per towel. Please note that foundation makeup does not come off the white towels.
• Any parking fines/towing is at the expense of the vehicle owner
• Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises of this property or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they may invite, with Homeowners consent, to use the premise.
• Any evidence of damage caused by Guests will result in additional charges to Guest, depending on the extent of damage. The Homeowner reserves the right to assess damage and charge Guest as needed.
100% deposit will be refunded if no damages occur with 7 business days.Get the full listing »