Our family has been coming to Lake Burton since 1943 and our grandmother purchased this property in 1949. With over 1000 feet of shoreline we are one of the largest lots on Lake Burton. We have so many happy family memories of swimming, touring the lake, fishing, eating at Laprades, buckdancing at Mountain City, whitewater rafting on the Chattooga River (1/2 hour away) and Nantahala River (45 minutes away) and exploring Clayton, Clarkesville, Helen and the surrounding area.
We held our family reunion here in 2011. We believe Lake Burton is special and we believe our home and property are special too. We finally tore down the cabin which was built in 1947 and built our log cabin dream house in 2007.
The house is on the main part of Lake Burton with 2.8 secluded acres and as described over 1000 feet of shoreline. From the Great Room with vaulted ceilings with all our glass doors there is a 180 degree view of the lake and Charlie Mountain. We have complete wood interior with four bedrooms with queen beds and 2 shared baths on the main level, and 2 separate bunk rooms with 2 bathrooms on the lower level. The house sleeps a total of 20 including bunk beds and a pull-out bed.
* Large wrap around porch, and 3 docks on the property.
* All bedrooms have ceiling fans. Bedrooms decorated country style.
* Hardwood floors on main bedroom and Great Room level
* Large kitchen with 1 large double door refrigerator/freezer and one smaller drinks refrigerator, large farmhouse style sink and prep sink, dishwasher, microwave, double oven.
* 4 1/2 bathrooms including 1/2 bathroom on main level for day use
* Antique ceiling fans in Great room and kitchen.
* Central air and heat
* Dining Room Table seats 14
* Fourteen foot kitchen island seats 6
* Indoor and outdoor wood burning stone fireplaces
* Gas Grill
* Covered porch with ceiling fans, lights and rocking chairs
* 2 Picnic tables on outside covered porch
* Additional Screened in porch
* 2 Outside showers
* Ping pong table
* Washer and Dryer
* No smoking and no pets.
* 3 docks available for guest use, no access to boathouse interior, deck or slips.
* Boat rentals available at nearby marinas
* Chef/Concierge available
* Internet access with Wi-Fi
* No TV available
Keywords: cabin, house, log cabin, retreat, lakefront, boat, dockGet the full listing »