Escape to the beauty of Chincoteague Island to spend blissful days at this charming vacation rental apartment set on Main Steet! You'll have water views and easy access to the delights of town and the pristine beach along Assateague Island! The 1-bedroom, 1-bathroom unit offers 4 guests the chance to watch a sunset over Chincoteague Bay, see the wild ponies swim in the annual Pony Penning, take a boat tour, scenic bike ride or go fishing during their rejuvenating stay on this stunning island.
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom: Full Bed, Full Mattress
Pack up your bags and your pet for an unforgettable stay on Chincoteague Island at this ideally located apartment! Set above several local businesses on Main Street, this beach abode ensures that you make every second count during your stay.
Take it easy on the plush leather couch as you rest between crabbing, kayaking and swimming excursions. The flat-screen cable TV will keep you entertained while you unwind. Come July, you'll be able to easily visit the Carnival Grounds for the popular Pony Roundup!
Spend a morning digging for clams and bring them back to the well-equipped kitchen for a seafood feast! If you'd rather sample a local take on seafood, walk over to one of the delectable restaurants nearby.
However you spend your day, top it off with a sweet treat from Island Creamery before walking to Waterfront Park to watch the sunset over Chincoteague Bay. Retire upstairs to your cozy apartment, where the full bed and the additional full mattress ensure that you fall asleep with ease.
-- THE LOCATION --
Though only 7 miles long, Chincoteague Island offers a wide variety of activities to keep you busy during your stay. Start your days by lounging along Waterfront Park - set right in front of the apartment - as you watch the boats go by in the harbor. Go for a walk along Main Street to find something to eat before heading out for the day.
Grab the beach gear and get ready to spend the day on the sand or touring Assateague Island, where you'll find Assateague Lighthouse offers breathtaking views from the top. Spend a day out kayaking or on a boat tour with a local expert to see the lighthouse or spot one of the renowned wild ponies.
Fish on the inland waterways, in Tom's Cove or head out in a local charter to get in some fantastic Atlantic Ocean fishing. If you'd like to go crabbing, visit Swan Cove in Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge to try your luck at finding blue crabs.
Each Summer, over 100 wild ponies swim from Assateague Island to Chincoteague as part of the Pony Penning and Volunteer Fireman's Carnival that lasts the month of July, and you won't want to miss the popular event! Hit the trails with a walk, horseback or bike ride on the network of trails on the islands and in the parks. Numerous local companies offer rental gear and guided horse trips that you won't forget.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental wants your vacation experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it easy, we help you find a property you love, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our properties are safe, clean, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that’s on your mind. It’s a fresh new approach to vacation rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen, free WiFi, flat-screen cable TV, provided linens and towels, furnished deck, gas grill, shared enclosed backyard space, water views, designated parking for 1 vehicle and more
- Unbeatable downtown Chincoteague location just steps away from shopping and dining on Main Street with easy access to attractions on Assateague Island and Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge, like the beach, fishing and crabbing in Swan Cove and the annual Pony Penning
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Salisbury Regional Airport - 5485 Airport Terminal Rd a, Salisbury, MD 21804, (~47.4 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with $25 per stay fee (maximum 1 allowed)
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Note that 2 guests can sleep comfortably on the full bed in the bedroom and 2 guests can sleep comfortably on the full-sized mattress if they supply their own linens, bringing the maximum occupancy to a total of 4
- Please note the apartment is located on the second floor above local shops and is only accessible by stairs, which may present difficulties for travelers with mobility impairments
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »