Old world charm meets the comforts and amenities of modern life in this beautifully furnished one-bedroom apartment located within a heritage compound built in the 1920s.
This Presidential Suite is centrally located on Nanjing West Road and is steps away from the subway, offices, tourist sites and restaurants.
PLEASE LOOK AT MY OTHER LISTINGS IF THIS HOUSE IS UNAVAILABLE.
**DESIGN OF A LUXURY HOME**
The apartment is tucked away in one of Shanghai's protected heritage houses in the French Concession area. Located on the bustling Nanjing West Road (南京西路),this property combines style, comfort and unbeatable access to tourist sites as well as the most trendy spots in the city.
Light-filled, classy furnishings fit for a luxury hotel, ultra comfortable queen-sized bed, a 48 inch flat screen TV hooked up with cable -- this flat is full of character and is a perfect home-away-from home.
(Please message me for long-term rentals)
- One Queen-sized bed in bedroom
- One Single-sized sofa bed
- One large 3 metre-long couch in living room that can double up as a sofa bed
- A safe to store your valuables
- Fresh towels & linens
- Bottled water
Additional Paid Services available:
- Airport pick-up
The house is fitted with TWO air-conditioners designed to keep you cool in summer and warm in winter. It also has a comfortable, western-styled Queen-sized bed.
A fully functional kitchen, equipped with a large fridge, stove, washing machine and dryer means this is a perfect spot for those seeking long-term stay.
Other creature comforts/Amenities include:
* Electric blanket
* Extra radiator
* 48-inch flat screen TV
* Cable TV
* Optic-fibre high-speed internet
* Ironing board/iron
The key Nanjing West Road Station on Line 2 -- the most important transport artery of the city is just five minutes walk away.
** PLACES TO VISIT
The list of recommended attractions below are accessible by foot or a short 30 RMB cab ride away.
- THE BUND/HUANGPU RIVER/WAI TAN
A waterfront area in Shanghai that run along the Huang Pu River and is one of the most popular tourist spots. Being a former International Settlement area, the bund houses dozens of historical building and is famous for the Art Deco architectures. [3.5KM]
The district comprises a neighborhood of labyrinthine alleyways off Taikang Road. Tianzifang is known for small craft stores, coffee shops, trendy art studios and narrow alleys. It has become a popular tourist destination in Shanghai, and an example of preservation of local Shikumen architecture. [2.3km]
- JINGAN TEMPLE
First built in 247 during the Three Kingdoms period and moved to its present location in 1216, Jingan Temple has been destroyed and rebuilt many times. It was burnt to near ruins in 1972 and has been restored to its former glory in the 80s. This temple is now a key national protection and a popular tourist destination. [1km]
- YU GARDENS
An extensive Chinese garden located in the old city of Shanghai which dates back to the Ming Dynasty. A popular
tourist destination, Yu Garden was first built as a private garden by a wealthy businessman, who used almost 20 years and all his savings to construct a garden as an attempt to honour his parents in old age. [3.9km]
- YONGKANG ROAD
Yongkang Lu, or Yongkang Road, is a small street, popular for its lively nightlife, hipster bars, casual cafes and restaurants. Some of the locals call this street “the new centre of the universe," obviously, as the new “party-central" in Shanghai. During the day, it is nice and cozy with nice terraces to relax in the sun. Good prices, good vibes. [2km]
- FRENCH CONCESSION WALKING TOUR
A residential area of Shanghai once designated for the French, the French Concession is famous for its cafes, tree-lined avenues, and tudor houses. [I'll be sending you my own recommended walking tour]
This former neighborhood of old Shikumen has been reincarnated into Shanghai's glitzy and contemporary district featuring fine restaurants, upscale clubs and boutiques [3km]
- POWER STATION OF ART
A former power station which has been turned into China's first state run contemporary art museum, hosting some of the city's biggest art shows (previous exhibitions have included the 2012 biennale and a massive retrospective of Andy Warhol's work) in spectacular surrounds.
I'll be available to offer help and answer any questions you may have during your stay.
If there is something broken in the apartment, please understand that this could happen at any home or hotel and do be rest assured that it will be tended to on the same day.
You're in the heart of town and minutes away from the hottest spots by foot!
You're also a short walk to shopping heaven Huaihai Road and many other small boutiques in the French Concession, such as Changle Road, Xinle Road, Fuxing Road and Taiyuan Road.
Five minutes walk to train station Nanjing West Road (Line 2)
* Bedding and towels will be provided based on the number of guests reflected during reservation.
* Standard bedding provided under listed price is for the bed in the master room. Extra charges will apply to requests for additional bedding.House Rules:To maintain a good standard for my guests I require certain conditions to be complied with. I appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that I state the following conditions:
• Parties, Functions are strictly prohibited. Breaking of this rule may result in termination of rental and will lead to the forfeit of the entire deposit.
• No smoking is allowed in the apartment nor in the shared corridor with our neighbours. Please go outside if you need to light up. Breaking of this rule (cigarette smell and butts in the house) will lead to a forfeit of the entire deposit.
• Damage, Breakages, Theft and Loss are the tenants' responsibility during their stay.
• A replacement fee will be charged for towels stained by hair dyes, tanning, make up or any stains that cannot be washed away. Replace fees will also be charged for burnt saucepans.
• Please wash up used pots and dishes to avoid additional cleaning charges.
• Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination of rental and loss of bond.
• 在公寓和邻居共用的走道禁止吸烟, 如有需求请移步户外。 如退房时房子里有烟味或烟头,我们将会扣除您的押金。
• 禁止在房子里集会或开派对, 如违规会扣除全额押金也会马上终止房租。
• 如果毛巾被染发剂,化妆品或洗洗不掉的污垢,以及锅具被烧坏, 我们会收取一定的费用来替换新的。
• 居住期间请保持良好的邻里关系, 禁止产生过多的噪音而打扰到邻居。如有扰民现象造成邻居投诉,我们将会扣除您的押金｡
• 如有拍摄需求请事先沟通, 我们需衡量是否适合｡会酌情加收费用, 如不事先沟通我们只好从押金中扣除了｡(私人或对公拍摄都请事先沟通)
Wheelchair access possible
TVGet the full listing »