* Coach House Listing Update 05/28/19*
COACH HOUSE HIGHLIGHTS:
* This Is Your Own Private Stand Alone Guesthouse / Home: 2 story, 2 bedroom, 2&1/2 bathroom Coach House with deck. I live on the property (separate building) and I'm personally available 24/7 as your property owner, manager and concierge to happily assist if any issues arise and to provide you with the most comfortable and enjoyable stay possible!
* Sleeping accommodations include: a 14" plush queen bed in each 2nd floor bedroom with a twin plush mattress w / portable frame available and a first floor king tempur-pedic sofa sleeper make up four very comfortable beds. Guests also have the choice of twin and full aero beds if desired -- all with a full compliment of bedding / linens. There are 24+ pillows to choose from!
* 2 TCL 43" 4K HD LED Roku Smart TVs and soundbars added to east and west bedrooms with Layer3 4K HD Streaming/DVR 156 Channel Service (service also in Living area).
* NETGEAR Orbi Home Tri-Band AC3000 WiFi with 330 Mbps RCN High-Speed Internet.
* Philips - Hue LED White and Color Ambiance lights (16 in total) in the kitchen, living room and the bedrooms (4 lights in each room) controlled via Hue dimmer remote switches, Amazon Echos and Dots via voice control and the Hue App (if you choose to download), Iphone Home App and Siri.
* Amazon Echos and Echo Dots with Alexa and access to Amazon's full music library and voice control of Philips Hue lights in all rooms.
* SimpliSafe Security System.
* Canon Pixma TS9020 WiFi/Print/Copy/Scan
* Shiatsu Elite Massage Cushion w/heat and a Shiatsu Pillow Massager with Heat for Back, Neck, Shoulders.
* Beach Umbrella, beach tent, chairs, mat, towels and toys for the lakefront beaches.
* Pack 'n Play Crib and Booster Chair and Children Dinnerware Set. Stair and room safety gate.
* Two Cruiser / Comfort, One Fuji Crosstown 2.3 City and One Specialized RockHopper Bikes included with your coach house rental.
* Check-in time is 4:00 pm and Check-out time is 11:00 am (early check-in and late check-out may be available upon request -- early and late secure luggage storage always available).
The Coach House is your own little private cozy home away from home to exclusively enjoy during your stay in Chicago. It's a historic two story, two bedroom, two and one half bath 1,350 square foot stand alone Coach House fully rehabbed with hardwood floors, new plush carpeting and modernly furnished building for your enjoyment and comfort for couples, families and / or up to six individuals!
Access to the Coach House is through secure keyed gates (with intercom/buzzer) via a shared common area gangway leading to the rear area of the property. The entry / exit door is accessed from ground floor to 18' x 16' deck via stairway with 8 steps and the second floor bedrooms and baths are accessed via stairway with 14 steps. Families / children are most welcome but the coach house isn't mainly child proofed but desired child proofing may be provided upon request.
Attached raised 18' x 16' deck with table, chairs and a rotisserie gas grill that are yours to use (the deck and amenities are shared with another apartment too).
Assorted and delicious complimentary snacks, food, beverages and condiments for the guests to enjoy through their stay in the coach house and on the deck!
Check-in time is 4:00 pm and Check-out time is 11:00 am. Times may be flexible based on availability and reservation. Coded secure lock box with key and street parking permits for 24-hour access or lost key. Secure luggage storage is generally available before and after check-in and check-out times.
Street permit parking available (free permits provided to guests). Nearby dedicated off-street parking for daily, weekly, monthly fees may be available through sites/apps like SpotHero, ParkWhiz etc.
DETAILED LISTING AND TOUR:
Travel up the eight steps of the attached deck and through the one and only secure entry / exit door into the foyer with closet (with large and small umbrellas, coat hangers, grocery tote bags, recycling basket, supplies and cleaning tools) and then next into the 14'x10' kitchen. Newer appliances including a stainless french door 22 cu.ft. LG refrigerator / freezer with ice maker, GE stainless dishwasher, Maytag gas range / convection oven and over the range microwave, Keurig and a Mr. Coffee maker, Ninja blender and mini food processor and 4-slice toaster oven are among the many amenities. Behind the maple cabinets and drawers are all of the compliments of a fully equipped kitchen including: two sets dishware, serveware and silverware and glasses for dining table, kitchen island and deck. Cookware includes pots, pans and utensils, baking and roasting pans and dishes. Condiment cabinet contains the following and more: spices and seasoning, cooking oils, sauces, salad dressing etc. and sugar, sweet n low, stevia, honey, creamers for coffees and teas. Enjoy the complimentary items from the kitchen guest snack rack including multiple selections of Keurig pods and ground coffees and teas, chips, pretzels, popcorn, assorted crackers, protein bars, trail mix and nuts and numerous other snacks:). There's a five foot island with bar stools and a huge bay window (with flowers, plants and a fruit basket) overlooking the deck.
From the kitchen you move into the 19' x 16' living / dining room area with five awning windows with blinds, 42 inch vent free gas log fireplace, ceiling fan / light, American Leather Cassidy king sleeper sofa with memory foam (sleeps two), two leather loveseats, chairs and ottoman, coffee table and end tables, lamps, dining room table and chairs for six and matching buffet. A 50" Vizio TV and stereo soundbar and subwoofer, Layer3 TV/DVR Streaming Service, Netgear Orbi Tri-Band AC 3000 Router, 330Mps WiFi Internet, DVD player and an expandable desk with a Canon Pixma printer. Desk amenities include local menus, brochures and suggestions. Buffet contains tablecloths, placemats etc. for table, a cabinet with adult games and a cabinet with children games, toys and books.
There is a half bath / powder room in between kitchen and living / dining room area for your first floor convenience.
Proceed up the stairs with 14 hardwood steps to the carpeted second floor where you are greeted by a hallway and vaulted ceiling with a venting skylight. You now move into the 19' x 16' East carpeted master bedroom with 12' vaulted ceiling and ceiling fan / light, five awning windows with blinds and curtains, a 6' x 5' walk-in closet (with choice of 24 soft down to firm pillows), blankets, comforters, linens, additional towels, an ironing board, iron and clothes steamer and the choice of aero beds ( twin and full) with mattress pad, sheets, blankets, comforter and pillows which can be easily set up in the bedrooms or living area if so desired. In the East bedroom there is a queen bed with a 14" plush euro pillow top mattress set, dresser, nightstands, an additional 10' x 2' clothes closet, and a 43" Roku Smart TV and Soundbar to enjoy. Move into the 10' x 5' vaulted ceiling east master bathroom w/ Grohe thermostatically controlled tub /shower and venting skylight. From here you move to the hallway heading toward the west 12' x 12' carpeted bedroom with a 14 inch plush queen bed with chest and nightstands, two awning windows with blinds and curtains overlooking the deck, ceiling fan / light, and a 10' x 2' double door clothes closet with chests, room for hanging clothes and storage of an additional plush twin innerspring mattress and portable bed frame to use in either bedroom. New TCL Roku 43" Smart wall mount TV and Soundbar too. The west 10' x 5' master bath has a standing Grohe thermostatically controlled shower and awning window.
Bedrooms have multi sets of linens and towels and an iron, ironing board and travel clothes steamer and distilled water. Full bathroom amenities include men's and women's hair care with various shampoos, conditioners, hair gel, spray and mousse and toiletries including soaps and body wash, razors and shaving cream, deodorants and body sprays, dental and mouthwash products, pain relief, sunscreens, insect repellent, foot care and sewing, nail and first aid kits and lint brushes, etc. There are hand mirrors, 2 hair dryers and hair iron and brushes and combs and other numerous amenities for your use and enjoyment.
When it comes time for you to relax / cocktail / cookout on the deck, please feel free to make use of the table and chairs and gas grill and grill tools provided. Since the deck is part of the common area, there may be other tenants and guests present. I will (as the Host), help to coordinate use and will provide additional tables and chairs as necessary for your convenience -- please be considerate and respectful to others while enjoying the deck.
Time to do some laundry -- please feel free to use the exclusive high efficiency washer and dryer and laundry tub and drying racks provided in the basement of the Coach House. Laundry detergent, softener, dryer softener sheets provided. There is also a second refrigerator in basement for you to use (with additional complimentary beverages) as well as travel coolers, thermoses, folding chairs, etc. and a collapsible wheeled grocery basket. Access to basement is via outside ground floor.
The area outside of the Coach House including the deck, gangway, front and rear of the property are all common and shared areas by other tenants, Guests and neighbors. We all live in a close environment with one another and are very respectful of the shared spaces-- thank you for your cooperation!
My assurance to you is to be available 24/7 as your local concierge and / or to assist with any issues that may arise and to take care of them to the best of my ability. I periodically check in with you via text but promise to not intrude. Your satisfaction and enjoyment during your stay is my number one priority!Get the full listing »