Due to the coronavirus, weâ€™re taking extra care to disinfect frequently touched surfaces between reservations. Private entrance for guests. Long term discounts available for medical staff, first responders and grieving families.
Renovated historic 2-family bungalow. Full use of second story private apartment. Free high-speed WiFi. 55" TV with Roku & free Amazon Prime. You have a private entrance & an emergency second exit.
Recreational and medical marijuana users welcomed.
Mounted floor safe in closet. 24-hour property security including monitored fire and carbon detectors on every floor.
If you bring your furry family member, I have a special treat for Fido. Remember to give me the name and breed which helps me to personalize it. There is a nightly dog fee of $20.
Please note that the advertised fee is for the first couple. There is an additional fee per guest per night. (Full rental costs: please see rates & availability tab above the home photo.) I live on the first floor of this bungalow with my dog, 2 cats, and a turtle. There is also a permanent tenant in the basement apartment.
Let's talk about the space:
Ultra-thick queen futon with pillow top mattress cover (upon request). Room for two more queen airbeds or 2 twin airbeds in this room. If we can determine how many beds you need before you arrive, I will have everything ready. We can also figure it out when you get here. There is a 55â€ TV with gaming capability. Also I have a turntable with a cross of styles in vinyl , cassettes and CD's, along with board games & real books. Window a/c
Beautiful cherry queen sleigh-bed with a memory-foam mattress and an optional pillow topper, shoe bench, chair, and dresser. Off the bedroom are a small business center/dressing room and small walk-in closet (where the kids can find their fun.). This is an ideal space for a port-a-crib or a pack and play. And I have one you can use. Window a/c
Pillow-topped mattress full-size bed with a twin gel & foam trundle below and a side table that includes two high-efficiency USB charging ports and two 110-volt power outlets. Off this cozy room is a small walk-in closet with a shoe bench, hangers and an antique school desk and a big drawer built in for guest use-top drawer. Window a/c
Plenty of seating with a multiple leaf table and more chairs upon request. This room has many charging stations, full-size fridge, microwave, a floating counter with swivel stools and full-size gas stove. Loads of cooking utensils, pots, pans, toaster, waffle maker, electric wok, hand blender and more. And if you need something that isn't there, just ask me for it since I probably have it in my kitchen. Window a/c
Beautiful and brand-spanking new! Fully-tiled bathroom with walk-in shower. (Guests rave about the shower head). Toiletries provided.
Bring the dog! Up to 2 well-behaved dogs allowed. I have a fenced yard. I suggest dog walking in this beautiful neighborhood. If you need some poop bags, let me know. There is a dog fee of $20 per night.
I urge all dog owners when you first get here to stay for at least 60 minutes before you head out again â€¦.leaving Fido behind. The car ride was tough enough but to abandon them shortly after you arrive in an unknown home (in or out of a crate) seems to make all the dogs very unhappy. With my guestâ€™s permission, I have had to go up and console a number of crying dogs who were confused and sad.
Guest with dog(s) hereby agrees to comply with the following:
1. Guest to pay additional pet fee in the amount of $20/night per dog
2. All pets must comply with the following specifications:
a. Any size is fine but let me know size and breed before arrival (the name is also nice, too!)
b. The dog must be at least 1 year(s) of age or older; in other words, no longer piddling everywhere and chewing on furniture. You can also crate your untrained dog should it not be house broken. I have a large crate for free to use.
c. Your dog must be up-to-date on rabies and all other vaccinations.
3. Your dog must be leashed at all times when outside the home.
4. Guest is responsible for cleaning up all pet waste. Please dispose of in the black garbage can in the backyard.
5. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. Dirty paw prints do not wash out of sheets I have found. Ask me for rags...I have many.
6. You must be certain your dog is flea and tick free. If I discover, following your stay, that we have an infestation in the apartment, you will pay for the exterminator and the time loss on renting the apartment. I have some natural repellent you can use, should you decide to take your dog somewhere while you are here and want to keep them bug free. (Geranium Oil-smells like roses.)
7. Your dog must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages are caused, the cost of the damage will be deducted from your security deposit.
8. Guest should prevent their pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors. (No constant yapping dogs, please, no matter the time of day or night or you will be asked to leave without a refund!)
9. Your pet will not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out. Pet will not be left unattended on the porch or in the backyard ever. (Pet sitting & dog walking available)
10. Homeowner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
You agree to be bound by these rules once you confirm your booking with me. I will send you a copy if you wish
Same Day Reservations Accepted - Send me an inquiry and I will make it happen! I am less than 15-minutes from O'Hare! An ideal place if your flight is cancelled, delayed or grounded at Chicago's busy airport.Get the full listing »