Pack your bags for a magical stay at this historic stone cottage on Lake Michigan! Built by Earl Young in the sought-after Boulder Park neighborhood of Charlevoix, this 2-bed, 2-bath vacation rental boasts stunning water views and high-end finishes for 4 guests. When you're not lounging in the upscale, contemporary-chic interior, tour past the other Mushroom Homes nearby, peruse downtown Charlevoix 1 mile away, tour Castle Farms, take a ferry to Beaver Island and relax in your paradise Up North!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed
Bright, tasteful and filled with Lake Michigan views, this cozy cottage gem - built in 1928 - promises an unforgettable stay! Lounge on the living room furnishings to admire the decorative stone fireplace or watch a movie on the flat-screen cable Smart TV.
Crack open one of the arts and crafts-style windows to let the fresh air drift in, or simply step out to the deck to kick back in an Adirondack chair! While you're outside, throw some burgers on the gas grill for a quick, summery meal! The gourmet fully equipped kitchen features stainless steel appliances, copper-bottomed cooking pans and all of the utensils the chef in your group may need!
Savor your culinary creations at the 6-person hardwood table inside before pouring out an evening glass of wine to sip outside. As you wind down for the night, prepare for bed in either one of the high-end full bathrooms before crawling into bed. The sound of the waves will lull you to sleep and you'll wake well-rested for another memorable day.
-- THE LOCATION --
Enjoying the beauty of Michigan summers has never been easier, with Lake Michigan at your doorstep! Be sure to take a guided tour of the other Mushroom Houses in Boulder Park! Though not actually an island, Fishermen's Island state Park offers 5 miles of pristine beach and several hiking trails less than 5 miles from the cottage.
If you didn't think Michigan had castles, think again! Built in 1918 and inspired by French Castles, the sprawling Castle Farms building and estate features the state's largest outdoor model railroad, a World War I museum, private collections, and stunning landscaped grounds that make it a premier wedding venue. Hit the links for a leisurely afternoon on the green at the Belvedere Club or Charlevoix Golf Club!
Hop on a ferry to spend the day exploring the untouched beauty of Beaver Island! For a more relaxing water adventure, rent a canoe or kayak to paddle on Lake Charlevoix. Search for Petoskey Stones along Lake Michigan, or make the short 1-mile trip to downtown Charlevoix for boutique shopping before strolling across the drawbridge by Round Lake
You'll feel as though you've stumbled back in time when you visit Mackinac Island! Rent bicycles to pedal around the car-free historic town and pick up some fudge to savor when you return home!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a gourmet, fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, 2 flat-screen Smart TVs with cable access, stunning lake views, decorative stone fireplace (not for use), washer and dryer, furnished deck, gas grill, lake access, driveway parking for 1 vehicle with available street parking for 3 vehicles, and more
- Prime Charlevoix location on Lake Michigan in a historic neighborhood with access to downtown Charlevoix, Fishermen's Island State Park, Castle Farms, the Belvedere Club, Beaver Island, Mackinac Island and more
- Nearest Major Airport: Pellston Regional Airport (~38 miles away) | Cherry Capital Airport (~50 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- Pets considered on a case-by-case basis (please inquire with Evolve)
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »