Experience 'The Great Lakes State' while vacationing on the sandy shores of Lake Leelanau in this charming vacation rental! Sitting merely steps from the water in beautiful northern Michigan, you'll be within easy driving distance of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, Lake Michigan, Traverse City, and tons of options for outdoor recreation. Recharge in the modern cottage featuring 3 beds, 2 baths, and prime views.
-- THE PROPERTY --
Dock/Boat Slip available from May 30 to September 12 for the 2020 season.
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Full Bed | Bedroom 3: 2 Twin Beds
Sleek oak furnishings enhance the cottage's 1,400-square-foot, 2-story interior. In the open-concept living/dining area, floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding glass doors span the entire length of the room, letting natural light pour in and offering a great view of Lake Leelanau, which has shallow water ideal for children.
Bring along your family's favorite recipes and utilize the fully equipped kitchen to prepare delicious homemade feasts! Convenient amenities like basic spices and a full knife set are provided to ensure an easy meal prep. The adjacent 6-person dining table can perfectly accommodate your whole group and faces the large windows, or allowing you to dine on the deck and admire lovely lake views while you eat!
Wind down by relaxing around the fire pit or watching a movie with the group, before retreating to the 3 bedrooms for a restful night of sleep. Wake up in the morning to the smell of coffee brewing and bacon crackling, and kick-start your morning with a hearty home-style breakfast during sunrise before hitting the road for the day's activities!
-- THE LOCATION --
This lake escape is an excellent base for exploring not only Lake Leelanau, but tons of surrounding attractions! You'll find great dining, shopping, fishing, and boating just minutes from the property. The area has quite a few wineries, including Bel Lago Vineyards & Winery (right up the road!), 45 North Vineyard & Winery, Tandem Ciders, and Shady Lane Cellars. If you prefer beer to wine or a delicious meal, Big Cat Brewery Co. is just 4 miles away near Cedar.
Drive 20 miles west to explore Sleeping Dunes National Lakeshore, the largest natural sand dune on the Great Lakes. Scenic drives, spectacular views, wildlife spottings, and great nature trails await at one of the most popular northern attractions in the U.S. Hiking the Dune Climb is a must!
Once you get to the top of the Dune Climb, you can make the trek down to Lake Michigan! Depending on the season, Lake Michigan offers countless fun water activities for the whole family!
For another day trip, check out Leland's Fishtown - about a 20-minute drive north, you can walk along the docks and experience the ins and outs of this historic commercial fishing spot, which is one of the only working fishing villages left in Michigan!
-- REST EASY WITH EVOLVE --
Evolve Vacation Rental wants your vacation experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it easy, we help you find a property you love, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our properties are safe, clean, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that?s on your mind. It?s a fresh new approach to vacation rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, driveway parking for 4 vehicles, flat-screen TV, prime lake views, in-unit laundry machines, lakefront deck, dock, gas grill, stone fire pit, towels & linens provided, and more
- Awesome northern Michigan location 4 miles from the town of Cedar, 15 miles to Leland's Fishtown, 20 miles to Sleeping Dunes National Lakeshore & the Lake Michigan Shore, and surrounded by outdoor activities, restaurants, wineries, breweries, shopping, & more
- Nearest Major Airports: Cherry Capital Airport (~23 miles away) | Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (~273 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings. Evidence of additional guests or parties for the day may result in extra fees
- NOTE: The entrance is not handicap accessible, but there is a bedroom and accessible bathroom located on the ground floor
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »