Ideal for 1 or 2-family groups. Max of 12. 2 Cabins. 2 Bunkies.
On our expansive deck (82â€™x40â€™), keep your 6'+ social distance while still being able to socialize. A rare thing!
Each family or group (assuming it's okay to be together) can also preserve distance in their own cabin + bunkie.
We can schedule the cottage to be vacant between bookings. Professionally cleaned.
For 7 nights we prefer Friday to Friday OR Sunday to Sunday
Award-winning, owner-designed, waterfront vacation complex on a private 2-acre site! Published in Cottage Life.
A DREAM COME TRUE? YOUR OWN SPACE - ON A 2-FAMILY OR GROUP VACATION?
2 separate fully-serviced cabins within 1 complex overlooking our private harbour await you at Cameron Point, on the shores of freshwater Georgian Bay, ON Canada, between Wiarton and Owen Sound.
- 4 modern buildings linked by a shared cedar deck (82' x 40') with cedar/steel roof, overlooking our private harbour below and the blue waters of Colpoy's Bay
- two 2-storey, fully-serviced open-concept 2-bedroom cabins (each 15' x 30') with fully-equipped kitchens in each
- 3-piece bathroom with showers (no bathtubs) in each house
- two adjacent guest sleeping/play bunkies (each 10' x 10')
- sleeping for 12 people inside houses and bunkies (see details below)
- additional open-air sleeping space with your tent or air mattresses on guest cabin roof lofts
BOOK THIS UNIQUE EXPERIENCE IN VACATION LIVING NOW!
- Cottage Life. April 2013. Feature. Online slideshow: One cottage: two families
- Dwell. May 2012. Feature in "The Now" Online story/slideshow:
- Southern Design & Building. Dec. 12, 2012.
- 2011 Wood Design Awards from Wood Design and Building Magazine, recognizing Innovative Wood Design in North America. One of 16 award winners out of 100 entries!
STUNNING SUNSET VIEWS and INCREDIBLE DARK SKY STARGAZING:
From the deck, patio or from inside through front and side glass curtain walls overlooking our quiet private harbour below and the cliffs of the Niagara Escarpment on the horizon. Or from the beach! Or on the water!
RELAX, ENTERTAIN AND PLAY ON THE DECK:
From the large-scale post & beam structure hang seats, swings, beds & lanterns, covered by a beautiful roof providing a variety of generous outdoor dining/playing/sleeping spaces.
FRESH BLUE WATER!:
- 300' of limestone flat shingle beach waterfront; virtually private with small beach deck and shallow water entrance, picnic table, fire/barbecue pit. Bring your Water Shoes and wet suits if you have them
- clear, deep blue water to swim, snorkel, SCUBA dive, motor boat, fish, canoe, kayak, windsurf, sail and SUP (Stand Up Paddling) around the offshore islands. Wetsuits (3mm) really help in July!
- 2 sit-on top ocean kayaks (easy to use) provided with paddles (1 double and 1 single)
- 1 beginner's windsurfer with sails. Can be used without sails as SUP board. 1 SUP paddle
- 1 paddle boat (4-seater). (Except some weekends when Owner may use it elsewhere)
- our protected private harbour below the house, with boat slips up to ~22 feet length, if available, for additional fee of $300/week. Must have valid Boater's License and experience on Great Lakes.
OR THE BRUCE ITSELF!
- bike, hike, walk, drive to explore spectacular Niagara Escarpment cliffs and caves on Bruce Trail with panoramic water views
- 45 min. to Sauble Beach for a Ã¢??sand and surfÃ¢? experience
- 30 min. to horseback-riding rentals
- 60 min. to Tobermory, Flower Pot Islands and caves of Cypress Lake Park
GREEN MODERNIST WITH TRADITION!
Designed with green building principles, aiming for a net zero carbon footprint, with:
- 1 propane kitchen stove/oven in each cabin
- 1 wood-burning stove in each cabin (electric heaters for bunkies)
- roof rainwater collected with UV filters (not for drinking)
- a large photovoltaic solar array on roof
- optimized passive heating/cooling/ventilation
- natural clay floors with easy-to-clean wax seal
- interior finish details reflect mid-20th century local cottage styles
- surrounding forest of cedar, pine, balsam, birch and poplar
- herb garden (as is)
- wireless Internet
- land-line phone (extra charge for long-distance); mobile coverage is good
- NO TV, DVD, cable or satellite (bring your tablet/computer instead)
REMOTE FEELING, YET MINUTES TO:
- 4- min. drive, 10 min. bike or 20 min. walk to Big Bay General Store for homemade ice cream.
- 1/2 km east of store visit Keppelcroft, an award-winning garden.
- 1 km east of store visit our friends at Edale eco-complex with their clay-oven bakery for artesan bread, fresh roasted Ironwood coffee to buy.
- 15 min. drive to Wiarton; 25 min. to Owen Sound for fresh fish, farmers markets, groceries at Foodland in Wiarton, groceries at Zehrs in Owen Sound, hardware, liquor/beer stores, golf courses
- modern, minimalist style living room and kitchen/ bar furniture
- refrigerator/freezer and dishwashers in each main cabin
- 2 washing machines, 1 dryer for shared use, in mechanical room in basement
- 2 propane barbecues (house source propane, no tank to fill!) on the deck, beside each cabin
- deck dining tables and modernist deck/patio furniture for each main cabin
- patio with custom-designed fireplace overlooking harbour
- trampoline and tree house (use at your own risk)
- private parking for several vehicles adjacent to the house or in our guest parkingGet the full listing »