Sooke Mountain House basks in sunshine, surrounded by trees on the slopes of Mount Brule in beautiful Sooke, British Columbia. The house has an incredible 180 degree view stretching from forest, to basin and across the ocean to mountain glaciers in the United States. An incredible place to unwind, recharge and reconnect with friends (including your furry companions).
5 minutes to downtown Sooke.
Incredible view, sleeps 10 or more and Pet Friendly!
SOOKE, BRITISH COLUMBIA: Where the Rainforest Meets the Sea -
Tucked along the Pacific Marine Circle Route (40 minutes from Victoria along Highway 14) Sooke is a quaint harbour town surrounded by luscious rainforests and deep coves. Truly a hidden treasure that offers residents and visitors a breathtaking west coast experience, Sooke is rich in history where the community proudly display and encourage their cultural roots.
"Sooke Mountain House" sits on the shoulders of Mount Brule on the east side of the Sooke River and lies within minutes of the world famous Sooke Pot Holes Park. The view from the house is frankly ridiculous and is in a perfect base location for exploring the Sooke area.
As multiple guests have commented, "The photos do not do this place justice!"
Our 3000 square foot rental has 4 bedrooms including one on the main floor while the master and two others reside upstairs. This custom built is 100% south facing, has views on all sides through it 65 windows and sits on 10.5 acres of forested land on the slopes of Mount Brule in Sooke. Our pet-friendly vacation rental enjoys bathrooms on each level, a large, modern kitchen, a wood stove and electric heat for cozy nights and a large outdoor deck. There are great views from every window and most days there are deer on the lawn!
Our driveway crosses the world famous Galloping Goose Trail and world class views, hikes and wildlife await visitors right outside your door. Barbecue, share a meal and wine on the deck or picnic anywhere on the property.
This incredible place is perfectly suited for family reunions, couples' getaways, extended stays, adventure seekers & coastal explorers.
The house is meticulously cleaned before each arrival and all beds come with clean and fresh, sheets and towels. The house is maintained in pristine condition in preparation to offer a "hotel-clean" experience amongst breathtaking mountain-top views in nature and tranquility.
This is our first AirBNB and we want your stay to be as perfect as we would imagine. We love to travel and we both appreciate the little details that go into making stays memorable.
See you soon!
Maitreyi and Eoghan
- Best views in Sooke!
- Plenty of parking (we have space for 10 or more cars)
- 5 minutes to Sooke, 25 to Langford or 40 to Victoria
- Dedicated Telus fiber internet with mesh wifi throughout
- 55" Flat Screen TV with Netflix
- 6 burner propane BBQ
- Clean and fresh linens and towels
- Dogs allowed ($25 per dog, per night). Please arrange prior to visit.
THINGS TO DO
- Whale watching
- Sooke Pot Holes (hiking, swimming and paddling)
- Farmers' Market
- Brewery, distillery, winery and meadery tours
- 10 people in 4 bedrooms plus one on a very comfy couch
Basic (2 people) $235/night
Cleaning Fee $75 (Applied once per trip)
Extra people $35/person/night after 2 guests
- Whiffen Spit (incredible anytime of day, easy 3km walk on maintained surface, dog-friendly)
- Sooke Pot Holes (5 minutes up Sooke River Road)
- East Sooke Park (tons of trails from gentle to difficult)
-Ella Beach (shhhh this beach is a secret! Turn left after John Muir School on West Coast Road)
Best Coffee Houses
- Stick in the Mud (hip vibe - they grind their own)
- Serious Coffee (good small chain quality)
- Little Vienna Bakery (for great coffee, food and a slower pace)
- Jenny's Tea Shoppe (in-house pastries, coffees and meatpies)
- Route 14 (chef created pub food and celebrated liquid fare - truly amazing but be prepared to wait in line any day of the week!)
- Hara Sushi (best in town and probably one of best in Victoria area)
- Teriyaki House (3 minutes from the house at the bottom of Sooke River Road - ask for Andy)
Other Important Locations
Village Food Market (best grocery store in town with in-house bakery, butcher department, etc)
Castle Liquor Store (cool, castle motel style on the other side of the bridge into town - very good selection and way cooler than the BC Liquor Store)
Outside of Sooke
Langford has every big box store you could ever need including:
- Costco, Superstore, Best Buy, Home Depot, Canadian Tire, etc)
The house is at the end of a 2km drive which does not have public transit. However, the main highway has reliable, regular service to anywhere in the greater Victoria area and is within 30 minutes walk from the house.
The house has plenty of parking (we have space for 10 or more cars).Get the full listing »