Located in the heart of Muskoka, this classic three bedroom cottage sits on over 200 feet of the private south facing shores of Birch Island, Lake Muskoka, just minutes from the closest marina and the towns of Bracebridge and Port Carling.
Situated very close to the water, the cottage offers stunning lake views from the open concept living room/dining-room/kitchen and Muskoka room. Enjoy the view while preparing food, dining or chilling with a good book and a glass of wine. On cooler evenings relax in front of the woodstove with a jigsaw puzzle or board game. In the rear of the cottage, there are three cozy bedrooms located close to each. The first bedroom offers a queen bed; the second bedroom offers two twin beds, and the third a double/single bunk bed. There is one three-piece bathroom with tub/shower.
The spacious cottage deck and Muskoka room faces the water and has a lovely treetop view of the property and lake. There is a fire pit located close to the water for quiet evening gatherings under the stars.
The cottage lot is very private with natural terrain, exposed rock, mature trees and natural stone paths and stairs to the waterfront from the cottage. Down at the waterfront there is a spacious dock for boat parking, as well as lots of room to sit and relax and enjoy swimming with all day sun exposure. The depth of the water at the end of the dock is approximately six to eight feet.
The cottage is water access only. A boat is required to get to and from the island and to take advantage of the “The Big Three Lakes” – Muskoka, Rosseau and Joseph. Boat launch and parking is available less than 10 minutes away at Spirit Bay Harbour (formerly Indianhead Harbour) and boat rentals at nearby Beaumaris Marina or Muskoka Boat Rentals.
There’s a lot to do at Raven Point! From staying close to your cottage and making the most of water activities to exploring new places by boat.
Local amenities in the area include shopping, restaurants, cafes, spas, biking, tennis, golf, hiking, a sailing school for kids 8 and up, boat cruises, and of course swimming, fishing, and all the watersports you can imagine on fantastic Lake Muskoka.
Early risers can make a daily ritual of kayaking around one of the islands. Hikers can head to the nature reserve in the centre of Eilean Gowan. Huckleberry Rock Lookout Trail offers the best view in Muskoka and some of the oldest rock in the world, well over a billion years old. How about just hanging out on the dock with a book or a sundowner – if you time it right, you might catch the Segwun or Wenonah II Steamships, the historic Peerless II, or the Lady Muskoka cruise by your dock.
Getting out on the Big Three Lakes is a big part of cottage island living. From Raven Point some of our favorite boat excursions include:
- Taking in the local farmers' markets in Gravenhurst (every Wednesday), Port Carling (Thursdays), and Rosseau (Fridays). Here you can buy fresh Ontario produce (corn, blueberries, peaches, and tomatoes to name a few), meet friends and buy crafts and baked goods (including butter tarts and artisanal breads).
- A visit to Tulo's, Beauty Bar and Sweet Jesus in the old Duke’s Boats facility on the water in Port Carling for hipster tacos, the coolest drinks, soft serve ice cream, and celebrity watching.
- Passing through the locks to Lake Rosseau – a short boat ride will get you to the eclectic SWS Marina Pop-Ups Shops and Yoga. Afterwards try the deck at Clevelands House Lakehouse, the pub or veranda at Windermere House, or the Water’s Edge at The Lake Joseph Club for waterside dining at its best.
- On Thursdays, join the local islanders for 9 and dine at the Fairways at Kerrie Glen (only 5 minutes by boat).
Boat docking is available at all these locations.
Try something different from mainland Muskoka and enjoy cottage island living at its best! Book Raven Point today!
Want to see more. Check us out on Instagram at #ravenpointmuskoka.
* For Canadian $ pricing make sure you click on the rates tab and check at the top right of the pricing page.
**We love your pets, but unfortunately they are not allowed at this cottage. Thanks for understanding!Get the full listing »