Welcome to Chalet Finland!
Local travelers looking for a refuge to balance working from home, access to the outdoors, and are family and pet friendly our chalets provide a welcoming place.
**COVID-19 Information: We believe it is important to do our part to protect the health of our guests and our team. Here are some of the steps that we have implemented:
- Cleanliness is one of the highest standards we have for our chalet and you can see this reflected in our 5-star cleanliness rating as well as various comments left in the reviews. We have now increased our efforts and in addition to cleaning, we have added an additional disinfecting step.
- All possible fabrics will be laundered in hot temperatures. Anything that cannot be put in the washing machine will be sprayed with disinfectant.
- As long as we can continue to find additional supplies available for purchase we have Lysol wipes and spray available to our guests. If we can no longer find them we may not be able to provide them as quantities run low, but we will do our best to purchase them.
- There will be a minimum resting period of 24- 48 hours between each reservation. During this time the chalets will be empty, with the exception of the cleaning team, to help eliminate any potential germs.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions
Location: One of the best parts about the chalet is that it is located in the very charming Cheribourg neighborhood. Built in the 1970s, this ski chalet community is very tranquil and perfect for adopting a slower pace of life while soaking up nature. It is ideal for couples, families, or friends that are looking for a low-key and relaxing place. Because of this, it is not an area for parties or loud behavior. The no party and quiet rules are enforced at all times. We totally understand that life is full of good reasons to celebrate with a party (in fact, we love a fun party, but in the appropriate place). However, our chalets are not the right venue for hosting events. Please see the Chalet Rules below for more information relating to visitors and parties.
Kitchen: Fully equipped with appliances that include a refrigerator, stove/oven, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, coffee pot (coffee included), and fondue pot. The kitchen is fully equipped for staying in and cooking.
Note: The coffee maker is a standard drip pot. We do supply filters and coffee, but if you have a favorite coffee, please feel free to bring it along!
Heating: In addition to electric baseboard heat there is also a wood-burning fireplace that is perfect for cozying up for a movie, while reading a book, or playing a game with family or friends. We try to keep firewood available and you're welcome to use any firewood that may be in either in the house or stacked outside. If there is not any firewood available, it can be easily purchased at one of the many grocery stores or depanneurs close to the chalet.
Outdoor Patio: One of the best parts of the neighborhood is the many large trees. There is no better way to enjoy it than on the beautiful terrace which features an outdoor lounge area for sipping either a glass of wine or a mug of coffee. Includes a dining table with seating for 6, lounge chairs and a BBQ so you can enjoy dining outdoors. You almost don't want to go inside during the warmer months.
Note: During the winter months (approximately Nov - April) the outdoor furniture & BBQ are not available as it is packed and covered to protect it from winter weather.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Spaces: Featuring 3 bedrooms and sleeping a maximum of 6-8 guests. The master bedroom has a queen bed and 1/2 bath, the second bedroom has a double bed, and the third bedroom has a queen bed. All bedrooms are located upstairs and have new, comfortable mattresses. In addition, the downstairs sofa converts into a bed that can sleep 1 adult or 2 children.
Bathrooms: The chalet has 1.5 bathrooms. The full bathroom is downstairs and includes a bathtub. The master bedroom includes a 1/2 bath with a sink and toilet.
Bedding & Linens: Sheets and other bedding are provided for all the sleeping spaces. Bath towels are also provided for our guests.
Technology: The chalet has a flatscreen TV with Netflix. In addition, the chalet is equipped with high-speed wifi.
Pet-Friendly: Since we love 4-legged family members, all of our chalets are pet-friendly. Please make sure you tell us about your pet in your reservation request. Please see the Chalet Rules below for more rules about bringing your pet along.
Things to note:
- If you have pet allergies please be aware this chalet may not be a good fit for you.
- The stairs are steep, so if you have young children or people in your group with mobility issues, please consider this when choosing the chalet.
- The chalet does not have air conditioning. It is equipped with a dehumidifier and portable fans.
- The chalet does not have cable or satellite TV but does include access to Netflix.
- Parking: The driveway will accommodate 2 -3 cars. Due to very limited overflow parking, we recommend limiting cars to the number the driveway will accommodate.
- Infants & Children: We are very happy to host families with infants and children in our properties, but please be aware that they are not child proofed (cabinet door latches, electric socket covers, baby gates, etc.) and we do not provide amenities for children (high chair, crib, pack 'n play, etc.).
GST & QST taxes included
Chalet Rules: By submitting a reservation request you agree to these terms. So please read them before submitting your reservation request to make sure the chalet is a good fit for you.
- The primary renter must be 25 years or older and must be present during the stay.
- Only registered guests that are included on the reservation are permitted to stay at the chalet. Please ensure that the correct number of guests is reflected in your reservation request. Visitors must be approved in advance. For example, hosting a dinner or BBQ in which guests other than those included on the reservation will attend must be approved.
- Absolutely no smoking of any type. The chalet is inspected immediately upon checkout and any trace of smoking is immediately identifiable to the proceeding guests. Any additional cleaning required by the presence of smoking will result in the additional cost being automatically deducted from the deposit.
- The chalet is 100% party fee. We have a zero-tolerance policy that will result in immediate eviction from the property without a refund and the responsible guest that rented the chalet will be 100% responsible for additional cleaning costs and all damage incurred. So if you are looking for a place for a social event and without a noise policy, this is not the right place for you.
- Please remove shoes in the house as outside elements can ruin the floors.
- Outdoor sporting equipment is not allowed in the house as they can ruin the floors. Since we know so many people come to enjoy the outdoor activities, we do provide outside cabins with locks to store your equipment in. Guests are 100% responsible for the security of their items and the owners of the chalet are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Check-out: We have a few check-out requirements that will only take a few minutes of your time and helps us to keep our chalets affordable.
1. Generally, leave the chalet in good condition and return any moved items back to their original location.
2. Empty the waste into the appropriate outside bins
3. Discard any food you are not taking with you.
4. Wash your dirty dishes or place them in the dishwasher and start the dishwasher before leaving.
5. Place all used bath towels, hand towels, washcloths, and sheets by the washing machine.
6. Cover outdoor furniture. Clean the BBQ and make sure the propane is closed (if you used it).
Pets: We love pets and understand how difficult it is to find accommodations that permit pets which is why our properties are pet-friendly. However, we do have rules that must be adhered to and if we find the rules are not being followed, we will have to remove the policy allowing pets. So please be respectful of our property and of future guests when bringing your 4-legged family member.
1. Only social and 100% house-trained pets are permitted at the chalet both for security and the protection of our property.
2. Pets are not allowed on any furniture and if we detect pets fur or other signs of pets on any furniture an additional $50 cleaning fee will automatically be charged.
3. Always clean up after your pets. This applies not only to the chalet property but the Cheribourg community. Please respect our future guests and other residents of the community by cleaning up after your pets.
4. When walking your pets off of our property, they must be on a leash at all times.
5. Pet parents are 100% responsible for any damage caused by their pets. The chalets are inspected and cleaned thoroughly between each guest making damage identifiable to the immediately proceeding guest.
6. Please provide us with details about your pets when making your reservations. We reserve the right to decline or cancel any booking if we are not comfortable that the house rules for pets will be observed.Get the full listing »