Experience the pastoral bliss of Rock Barra by staying at this charming 2-bed, 1-bath vacation rental cottage sleeping 6! Situated on the northside of Points East Coastal Drive, this quaint abode is perched on 4 acres that was once a working dairy farm for 200 years. Here, you can enjoy the soothing scenery and old rustic barn charm of a delightful farmland setting, all while being just minutes from the fantastic fishing, outdoor festivals, and theaters that Prince Edward Island offers!
-- THE PROPERTY --
* Winter Special! $1500/month for stays of 90+ days from November - April *
Bedroom 1: Full Bed | Bedroom 2: Full Bed | Living Room: Sleeper Sofa
Make your way east to discover this peaceful home perched on a large plot of land that was once a 200-year-old dairy farm! The sprawling grass yard extends into vibrant foliage and the property pond, a sight you'll never get tired of seeing. Spend calm evenings admiring the silhouettes of the 3 rustic barns against the brilliant red sunsets.
With plush furnishings, a TV with basic channels, and wireless internet access, the interior is sure to make you feel right at home. You'll also have a vast collection of 150 movies to choose from. If you're hungry after a long day of traveling, the fully equipped kitchen awaits for you to whip up an effortless snack or meal!
When you retire for the night, choose from one of 2 cozy bedrooms, both featuring soft full-sized beds. As you wake, take a quick rinse in the full bathroom before another exciting day of adventures!
-- THE LOCATION --
Leisurely days are best spent exploring the vast grounds of the property! As you roam past the shores of Big Pond through a carefully crafted and manicured trail, you’ll encounter lovely grasslands, bridges crossing streams, wooded overlooks, and a picturesque climb over sand dunes to the beach - a picture perfect 1-mile trek.
If you prefer to stay by the pond, launch your boat or canoe and cruise out to the Gulf of Saint Lawrence where you’ll find the quietest, most secluded beach this side of the island. Anglers will having access to prime waters for catching lobster, tuna, and trout! To charter a fishing boat, head over to North Lake. Get away from it all in the winter and cozy up in the home when you're not snowmobiling or snowshoeing!
Prince Edward Island has many more sandy shorelines, including those at Basin Head Provincial Park and Souris Beach Provincial Park. To explore even more of the coast, venture to the town of Souris, East Point Lighthouse, Red Point Provincial Park, St Peters Bay, or Greenwich Beach.
If you're visiting at the end of July, pop over to the Annual Mermaid Sea Glass Festival to view some one-of-a-kind art and sea glass! There are many more festivals that take place all over the island during the year, such as The Guild Festival, Folk Festival, Mussels and Mariners Festival, River Days Festival, and St Peters Wild Blueberry Festival.
Get away from it all in the winter and cozy up when you're not snowmobiling or snowshoeing!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental wants your vacation experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it easy, we help you find a property you love, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our properties are safe, clean, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that’s on your mind. It’s a fresh new approach to vacation rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, TV with basic channels, DVD player, 150 movies, free WiFi, ceiling dans, linens, towels, complimentary toiletries, in-unit laundry machines, pond and beach access, ample parking, and more!
- Incredible Northern Souris Location - A short stroll from the beach and only minutes to town, various lighthouses, and festivals!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Charlottetown Airport - 250 Maple Hills Ave #132, Charlottetown, PE C1C 1N2, Canada, (~81 kilometers/50 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- Dog friendly with $50 per stay fee (maximum 1 allowed, 40-lbs limit)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- An RV may be parked on the other side of the multi-acre property from time-to-time
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Please supervise children when near the pond and beachGet the full listing »