•Fitz Farm Manor is a peaceful & calm country retreat
•This is a homeshare listing is for 2 of our 4 rooms in total
• Country home situated on a large lot surrounded by trees, gardens and farmland
• shared Access to large kitchen, living room, family room
• Laundry -washer + dryer onsite
• shares access to Patio, large deck, swimming pool, barbecue
• Serene landscaped yard to soothe your spirit
• Great for couples, families & solo adventurers
•We had 4 children who have now moved away. Their 4 bedrooms are now rental rooms. This listing is for 2 of those rooms.
•The bedrooms are all upstairs where there is a shared bathroom
•There is another bathroom downstairs that can be used as well.
•We are in the midst of Haldimand farmland. Dairy farms and corn and soybeans in the fields nearby.
•We have a rambling country lot full of ornamental and vegetable gardens. In a former life, we used to own a garden centre- so plantings and gardening are an important part of our life.
•We welcome you to enjoy the fresh air and quiet ambience of our home.
• Guests are welcome to prepare food and dine in our kitchen. We can provide shared refrigerator, freezer or cupboard space if needed.
• Guests may share in the use of the living room or family room.
• Please feel free to enjoy our large, secluded backyard surrounded by trees, gardens and a hay field
• There is a large deck and patio area with picnic tables, barbecue, fire pit
• Many different birds can be seen in the garden areas.
• In season- Heated Pool is open and available Sunday to Friday.
• Nap in a hammock
• Badminton, horseshoe pit, slack line
• For kids -Playhouse, sand box
• Fire pit, wood stove
• We are out in the country- that's why it is so calm and serene - but your own vehicle is a necessity.
• On the other hand - we recommend stopping for food and groceries before you arrive. Pizza delivery is available but not real close. The nearest coffee shop is 10-15 minutes away.
• Your own transportation is important. Uber is not available at our location. ( You could Uber to our location from Hamilton - but unlikely to get an Uber back to Hamilton)
•A local taxi services this area but service may be limited.
•We are 30 minutes from the Hamilton airport (YHM), 90 minutes to Toronto (YYZ) and 2 hours to Buffalo airport (BUF).
•Our country roads are great for walking, biking or country drives.
•Rental cars are available at the Hamilton Airport and other locations.
We are very happy suggesting restaurants, activities and local attractions. We are available by phone, text and on site.
LOCATION and What’s Nearby
• Quiet rural home surrounded by the farms of Caledonia, Cayuga, Hagersville.
- The Hamilton Airport is 25 minutes away.
• We are 30-40 minutes from Hamilton with attractions such as Dundurn Castle, the Royal Botanical Gardens, Wild Waterworks, Hamilton Place, Theatre Aquarius, Art Gallery of Hamilton
• We are roughly an hour or so from Niagara Falls, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Stratford or the Toronto Pearson Airport. It is about 90 minutes to downtown Toronto.
• There are many attractions to the south of our home in Haldimand County. Turkey Point , Rock Point and Long Point are among the great beaches along Lake Erie.
- Toronto Motorsport Park, Jukasa Motor Speedway and Ohsweken Speedway are 15-20 minutes away.
• Port Dover is inundated with Motorcycles when Friday the thirteenth happens in riding weather.
• Check out the wineries in nearby Norfolk County.
• You will find farmers markets and unique shops along the countryside.
• Explore the nearby fall fairs and take in the fall colours while driving through the rural byways.
- Other attractions that are within an hour’s drive include African Lion Safari, Wild Waterworks, Welland CanalGet the full listing »