This new, well-appointed 2 bedroom suite is walking distance to downtown Victoria, the Inner Harbor, Craigdarroch Castle, Government House, the Victoria Art Gallery, and Fernwood Village. Also a lovely stroll to Oak bay village, Cook Street Village, Beacon Hill park and the beach. We are central and convenient to all downtown amenities.
The suite, boasting 960 square feet (90 square meters) of comfortable west coast living with two bedrooms, is located on the upper floor of a completely renovated, 120 year old character home (rebuild completed in the fall of 2015).
Featuring a large, open concept living/dining/kitchen space, gas fireplace, all new stainless steel appliances, gas range, Brazilian granite counter-tops with under-mount sinks, all custom built cabinetry and two bedrooms with new queen size beds. There is also a queen size futon for additional accommodation. A crib and booster seat is available on request.
Large windows turn all rooms into bright and sunny living spaces.
To complete the picture there is a 95sqft (9sqmt) covered balcony (complete with gas grill) overlooking the lovely gardens in the backyard, with a view to downtown Victoria and the inner harbor. This is a perfect spot to sit and enjoy your morning coffee and paper, visit with friends, or a lazy afternoon of reading. In the evening, watch the sun set over downtown and the inner harbor after grilling the perfect meal!
The bright, kitchen is well stocked with everything to keep the cooks among you happy. A perfect place to prepare all the fresh local meats and produce available from the local markets or the "catch of the day" from Fisherman's Wharf.
Wireless internet, Netflix, laundry, off street parking, and an ideal location for those wanting to be close to all the amenities, completes the picture.
Not only a great vacation spot but a comfortable temporary home for those on the road. Perfect for longer stays.
- Located in the Fernwood neighborhood, a few blocks from downtown Victoria
- A 5-10 minute stroll to Fernwood village, coffee shops, small eateries, the local market and the Belfry Theater
- Several very good restaurants within a 10 minute walk (Fernwood Inn, Ithaka-Greek, Bin 4--excellent burgers, Moxie's classic grill, Relish--best breakfast, Parsonage--excellent coffee and sandwiches)
- Easy walking distance (15-20 minutes) to downtown Victoria and the inner harbor
- A little longer stroll (20-30 minutes) to Oak Bay village, Cook Street Village, Beacon Hill park and the beach along Dallas road
- Large, chef's kitchen with all amenities (most condiments provided)
- Large, sunny rooms
- Four piece bathroom with tiled bath/shower and granite counter-tops
- Wireless internet, Netflix, board games and books to keep you busy when not out enjoying Victoria and all it has to offer
- Located in a beautiful neighborhood for walking and sightseeing
- Bus stop across the street and several major routes within 1-2 blocks
- In-suite laundry
- Ideal for guests traveling on business
- All new, high end construction
- HVAC heating/cooling system for your comfort
- New construction means the home meets or exceeds all building codes (structural, electrical, plumbing, fire safety, full seismic upgrade)
I welcome extended stays over 4 weeks in the spring, fall, and winter months and offer reduced rates for longer terms. Please contact me with the dates you’d like to stay and I will reply promptly with a quote and relevant information.
- 2nd story suite in Fernwood area home
- 960 square feet (90 square meters)
- Vacation Rental or long term stay
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Stays Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Well behaved, non-shedding dogs welcome (please discuss with owner before booking). Pet agreement required.
- Non-smoking in the building: smoking permitted outside
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- My home has been lovingly restored and we would ask our guests to refrain from partying and to observe local bylaws (quite time 11pm to 8am).Get the full listing »