McKfolly** Studio Loft
**McK·fol·ly, n. The McKenzie's - and - your whimsical and extravagant ... structure ... for diversion or amusement ... one's indulgence.
People from everywhere are attracted to Prince Edward Island, Canada. This special place is accessible, uncrowded and unhurried. What you seek is here - relaxed pace, fresh air and temperate climate, red country roads and endless shores, outdoor recreation opportunities, fresh seafood and farm-gate fare, artisans, music and song, dance and theatre.
If you are a couple, two friends, or an independent traveller on this Island, our McKfolly Studio Loft is where you’ll want to stay. Enjoy the polished style and creature comforts we offer while experiencing PEI's superb coastal life.
The McKfolly Studio Loft is a great place for one or two people to rest, have peace and quiet, to do creative work, explore nature and enjoy outdoor activities, or to seek out the Island's artisans, entertainment and dining venues. The daytime and moonlit views of the Bay, and starry night time skies, are outstanding from the loft and grounds. Situated waterside on the south shore of St. Peters Bay, there is on-site launching for your canoe or kayak, shore walking/combing and bird watching. (Note: on-site swimming is feasible but not ideal - shallow water, pebbly bottom. Outstanding white sand beaches suitable for swimming are just ten minutes away.) The rolled stone-dust Confederation Trail for walking, running or cycling, and birding, is at the top of the driveway. PEI National Park - Greenwich site, our superb North shore gulf and bay beaches, top-rated golf courses, and the retail services and entertainment you will want for pleasure and comfort are just minutes away.
When you stay at McKfolly, your independence and privacy is as important as ours. A stand of trees and forest garden separate the loft accommodation from our cottage home - we are nearby but far enough away. If you have questions or there's something you need in a pinch - we are available. We're happy to share whatever knowledge we have to make your stay all you want it to be. But above all, this is your holiday - your way.
Not yet convinced? Check out the details that follow, and then let us know you want to make McKfolly your 'home base' while here on holiday.
• Built in 2012, private second floor studio loft is in a separate building, completely independent from the Owner's home on the property.
• Accommodation has its own exterior stair access, with generous screened ground floor porch, open upper deck and landscaped grounds from which to enjoy the spectacular views.
• 50 m2 (540 sf) open plan, central air-conditioned space provides a living/eating/kitchen area, separate sleeping alcove for up to two people in king or twin (your choice) beds and a large bath/dressing room with generous walk-in shower, laundry (clothes washer and dryer, iron and board). Bed linens and bath towels are provided.
• Kitchen is fully equipped with premium stainless steel top mount refrigerator/bottom mount freezer, single dishwasher drawer, electric cook top and combination convection/microwave oven, along with an array of small appliances, cooking utensils, dish ware, cutlery and kitchen/dining linens.
• Wall-mount electric fireplace, as well as 81cm (32') flat screen TV with HD satellite service can be enjoyed from both the living and sleeping areas.
• Included land-line (use your own long distance telephone card or cell), wireless internet and a Bluetooth clock-radio-audio unit for iPod, iPhone, iPad and other blue-tooth enabled devices will meet your communication and media needs.
• Exterior furnishings include 2 porch chairs and side tables, 2 deck chairs and bench; and an electric BBQ. There is secure, weatherproof storage for bicycles, kayaks and golf clubs.
• Basic supplies are included: salt, pepper & olive oil for food preparation; kitchen, bath and laundry cleaning products; kitchen and bath paper products.
• McKfolly is smoke free, drug free and pet free accommodation.Get the full listing »