2 min. to Triple S Ranch & Hans Fahden winery. 7 min. to Calistoga. 13 min. to St. Helena & Castello di Amorosa. 9 miles from Sonoma Valley. From our doorsteps, you can walk through the terraced vineyards of Napa Valley directly into the town of Calistoga.
Our 1500 sq ft., 2 bdrm fully upgraded Mid-Century Modern *redwood-beam, super-cool* Cottage is easily accessible on a 27+ acre secluded estate. Nature is just BIG up here & it’s the perfect basecamp to explore the Napa Valley & Sonoma Valley!
- Sleeping arrangements:
BR #1 (upstairs mezzanine) = King bed.
BR #2 (upstairs mezzanine) = Queen bed & Single bed
Need more? (downstairs main floor) = Queen pull-out couch (sleeps 2).
*Summer 2019 upgrade from Gen4 to Gen5 Satellite WiFi - 25Mbps downloads and 3Mbps uploads.
- FULLY LOADED KITCHEN includes everything you need to cook. Stocked with speciality salts, pepper, olive oils, coffee filters, paper towels, dish soap, etc.
- FULLY LOADED BATHROOMS includes fresh towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and hair dryer.
- - OVERSIZED PORCH with creek & forest views, includes BBQ and outdoor sitting area with fire pit.
- "LAWN GAMES" includes Cornhole, Frisbee, Ping Pong (Not available during drizzly season).
- OPEN Living area perfect for relaxing: stocked with many board games, puzzles and books.
- FLAT main road and driveway, with 3 entry steps: easy approach in the winter!
- PLEASE NOTE: Our Calistoga Cottage is a classic Mayacamas Mtns Homestead - while we have modernized (2017) with all new furniture/beds/couches, this Cottage retains the redwood timber, wood-beam, super-cool cabin character. This is truly one of the most unique and authentic lodging options in the Wine Country! Please do not expect brand new construction - i.e., upstairs lofts** are exposed to allow cross-ventilation of air, stairs creak :-)
- The Fine Print: No pets, No parties, No *funk & gunk* down the septic drains (except TP), No smoking & No unattended fires.
**The two loft/mezzanine bedrooms are separate but share a common door. Please note: Both rooms provide a partial vertical exposure to Main Lower (downstairs) Floor to maximize light and air circulation. The one (1) full bathroom is *downstairs* on Main Floor. Our Cottage open-layout is best suited for close friends and family who don’t expect complete privacy.
The extra 1/2 bathroom-outdoor shower (only available in Summer) is located in the Carriage House across the gravel driveway and is "off-septic" (due to County riparian zoning) and is equipped with Nature's Head Composting toilet (#1 rated in the US). Trust me, composting loo's have come a long way!
The Finer Print:
• 2 separate sleeping lofts w/ 2016 Temper-Pedic (Cal King) and 2016 Posture-Pedic (Queen) bed. Bedding is 100% organic cotton sheets, European-style duvet. Lounge robes that are perfect for lounging on weekends are included. Queen-size Pull-Out located in the living room.
• Satellite Hi-Speed Internet & DISH 250+ channels/NetFlix w/ 55" HDTV Flat Screen in living room. 32' HDTV Flat Screen w/ a selection of videos in Main bedroom. Portable Bluetooth speaker, so bring your bluetooth devise for pandora/spotify. (Satellite is our only option as Broadband/Cable service is unavailable in our area).
• Full kitchen w/ 2019 gas stove/oven/center griddle (great for pancakes!), 2019 LG 24 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer Refrigerator, toaster oven, and coffee maker w/ complimentary coffee, tea & assortment of snack items! BBQ grill steps away. The kitchen is stocked with everything you need, from bottle openers to Riedel wine glasses to baking dishes - and for those purists, a functioning 1895 Wedgwood wood stove.
• Open Living area with Classic Restoration Hardware Leather Collection seating area, Restoration Hardware Dining Room table (seats 6) and cozy chenille throws
• Library of books, board game collections and home security devices / smoke-carbon monoxide / motion detect lights and property entrance/parking area security cameras.
• Oversized stone fireplace, hardwood floors, high A-frame ceilings, skylights & ceiling fan
• One Full-sized bathroom (location is downstairs) with country-style sink and W/C-shower separate so more than one guest can get ready in the morning! Stocked with luxurious Restoration Hardware Towels!
***We donate a portion of our 2019 Guest Fees to our local Volunteer Fire Dept.
PLEASE NOTE: We like to get to know our guests and share expectations for a safe and wonderful get-away at our Cottage! We reside close to the Cottage and can be called on-site to assist with any questions. We do employ home security alarm / smoke / carbon monoxide / motion detect lights and Cottage door entrances & driveway area security cameras. RENTAL HOUSE RULES AGREEMENT: All renters must sign and return a fully completed House Rules Agreement Form prior to check-in date. All guests must be age 15+
-- Can we stay for 2 nights during the week?
Yes, of course, you can book weekdays for 2 nights! Please message us and we can send a pre-approval for booking. 3 nights are still required for weekends – this ensures that you have the use of our Cottage for the whole weekend.
-- Can children and well behaved dogs stay at the Cottage
Unfortunately our Cottage is not equipped for the safety of children under age 15 due to the loft/stair layout and our seasonal rushing creeks/pools. We also do not accept pets as there are some natural & predatory hazards for pets in our rural environment.
-- Where is the nearest Supermarket?
The CalMart Grocery Store is located ~3 miles east in Downtown Calistoga. The store has a nice array of specialty items (love the cheese section!) and organic items. Store closes at 9 pm each night. For a closer quick trip for milk, there is "More for Less" Gas station open until Midnight.
-- Do I need a car/driver?
Ideally Uber/Lyft drivers are available in the Calistoga area for rides to restaurants or wineries should you want to just relax and go wine tasting. We also provide a referral to a fun and friendly tour driver to arrange your specific itinerary for a half or full day of wine tasting!
-- Do you have a coffee machine?
Yes, there is a 12 Cup Brew Central Programmable Coffee Maker with coffee grinder available for you to use. There is also a Bodum French Press - let your coffee grounds swirl around, push the plunger down and pour the coffee right into your mug. It’s that easy!
-- Do you have a barbecue?
Yes! Prep your favorite meal and enjoy sitting on the covered Porch, go dip your feet in the nearby creek or play some frisbee.. and then return for freshly barbecued food. You'll be building up a good appetite with all the exercise you will be doing!
-- I’m hungry now! Where can I find a tasty burger to go in the Napa Valley?
Gott’s Roadside in St. Helena started offering the Impossible Burger on their menu recently! Meat eaters and vegetarians alike agree across the board: it’s SO delicious. Another tip: Gotts’ Pumpkin Milkshake is a seasonal local fav!
-- Can I have my groceries/packages delivered to the home?
CalMart Grocery delivers twice a week (with delivery fee). Instacart or on-demand delivery start-ups are not available. Guests have used Amazon Locker/Delivery Scvs located in Napa - at Whole Foods, conveniently located off of Hwy 29. This is the last stop for Big Box store for amenities before entering the Napa Valley!
-- How far is it to the beach/lakes?
We are approximately an hour away from the coast and 45 minutes to the largest lakes - Lake Sonoma and Berryessa - which comes complete with sand, boating, paddle sports, and swimming
--Do you provide wood for the fireplace/firepit?
Some wood is provided to start you off. (Guests must absolutely adhere to “Spare the Air”/no burn days and “open flame safety”). If you need some more wood, you can top up at CalMart Grocery Store in town.
STAFF & SERVICES - Extra cost & advance notice is required:
- Airport transportation / Valley excursions w/ private driver (Weber Touring). We provide a referral to a personal tour driver & guide to help plan your local wine tastings, Weber Touring. Our guests have used Weber Touring for daily itinerary/reservations or simply driving for a few hours for wine tastings, dependent on one's budget!
- Housekeeping (7 day+ stays)
FEATURES & AMENITIES
Hi-Speed Satellite Internet/ Wi-Fi & 250 premium channel Cable TV
Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast island
Formal dining area with seating for 6
NEW Refrigerator/Stove/Dishwasher / BBQ Grill
No Central AC
Iron and Ironing board
Year-round stream and natural soaking pools
POINTS OF INTEREST
- Short Hiking distance to H-L-R Cellars and Hans Fahden Winery
- 3 miles to the town of Calistoga, Napa Valley
- 4 miles to Chateau Montelena (1973 Chardonnay won first place among the chardonnays & white Burgundies entered in the "Judgment of Paris" wine competition)
- 10 miles to the town of Santa Rosa, Sonoma Valley
- 6 Miles to Castello di Amorosa and Sterling Vineyards (for best views and architecture)
- 10 Miles to St. Helena / Beringer Vineyards / Award-winning Restaurants
- 16 miles to Mondavi (most detailed wine tour and best summer concerts)
- 14 miles to Sonoma County Airport - Passengers are allowed to check a 12 bottle case of wine FOR FREE on all Alaska Airlines flights; Serves all major hubs incl. Los Angeles; Portland; San Diego; Seattle; Orange County
- 75 miles to San Francisco International Airport (SFO) & Oakland International Airport (OAK)Get the full listing »