Want to get away to the East Coast but not sure you want to get sucked into the big city? What if you could have peace and serenity in the countryside, while having easy access to several major cities including NYC, Boston, Hartford, and Providence? This 6-bedroom, 4-bathroom historic home has all the modern amenities packaged in old barn charm. With enough room to sleep 16 guests, this beautiful old home is perfect for large family gatherings and groups of friends traveling together.
-- THE PROPERTY --
Come experience the splendor of rural northeastern Connecticut by staying in this uniquely historic, beautiful 6-bedroom home located on 4.3 acres of pristine, partially wooded stonewalled grounds. The structure was originally built as a dairy barn but was completely renovated into a house in the late 1970s. The homeowners live in a separate, isolated part of the house so they are available for anything you need. The house was more recently updated with modernized fixtures, air conditioning, new kitchen equipment, a resurfaced and extended driveway and a relined in-ground 40-foot swimming pool.
You'll fall in love with the glorious, classic 40'x96' post and beam structure – it's aesthetically pleasing and will prove very comfortable for you and your travel companions. You can still see the original framing as well as the 150-year-old weathered wood used for the walls of the kitchen, solarium, and the first-floor bathroom. The master bedroom has a delightful cathedral ceiling, an attached private bathroom, and a balcony, so you can walk outside and be among the treetops. Relax and read a book in the fully stocked library, complete with a cozy wood-burning fireplace (and a complimentary supply of firewood), or observe the picturesque wooded acres overlooked from the wall of windows in the solarium. There is a formal dining room as well as an informal dining room in the kitchen and attached entertainment area including a large chopping block with bar stools. During the warmer months, you'll love lounging in the screened pool house adjacent to the L-shaped in-ground pool.
-- THE LOCATION --
This home has plenty of room for dining, entertainment, and accommodations for all your family and friends. If you're out exploring the community, make sure you check out the local museums (such as the Ballard Puppet Museum or the Connecticut Natural History Museum), the Creamery Brook Bison Farm, and the Burgess Brook Alpaca Farm. There are also numerous opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, birding, pet farms, river and stream paddling, fruit picking, and more. Whether you plan on using this home as your starting off point for excursions to the cities, or want to just relax to the fullest, you are sure to enjoy the privacy and little luxuries of rural lifestyle.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include multiple TVs, library, internet connection, private outdoor pool, pool house, solarium, screened porch, balcony, deck, fully-appointed kitchen, supplied with continental breakfast supplies, wood-burning fireplace, and wood stoves with complimentary firewood.
- Owner will stock pantry and fridge with additional special items upon request for a negotiated fee
- Outstanding location - Quiet, serene rural setting within reasonable distance of NYC, Boston, Hartford, and Providence
- 4340 square feet of comfortable living space, including 6 bedrooms, 4 full bathrooms, 2 convertible queen-sized sofa beds, and more!
- Master Bedroom: King-sized bed with private balcony
- Bedroom 2: Queen-sized bed
- Bedroom 3: Full-sized bed
- Bedroom 4: Queen-sized bed
- Bedroom 5: Queen-sized bed
- Bedroom 6: Queen-sized bed
- Bedrooms 4-6, along with a full bathroom are on the third floor.
- There are 2 Queen-sized pull out sofas for additional sleeping. And 4 traditional (non-pull out) sofas that guests can sleep on - 3 (6.5 ft in length) and 1 (5.5 ft in length).
- The Golden Lamb - Famous 'prix fixe haute' cuisine, and great for catering or events
- The Vanilla Bean Cafe - Award winning hearty food known as "Connecticut's Best Country Cafe"
- Sharp Hill Vineyard - Locally raised and grown gourmet cuisine
-- POLICIES --
- No indoor smoking
- No pets allowed except with special permission
- No large gatherings
- No noisy activities or use of screened porch after 11 pm
- 15% Connecticut room occupancy tax and $200 cleaning fee per reservation may apply
- $20 per person per night extra person fees apply to reservations with more than 8 people
- Must be at least 21 years old to reserve the propertyGet the full listing »