Take a trip to the heart of the Texas Hill Country and stay at this 2-bed, 2-bath vacation rental that sleeps 4 to 6. Built new in 2012 on over 3 acres with more than 150 live oak trees, this home is a comfortable, chic retreat just 3 miles from downtown Blanco. Relax in the private hot tub, wine and dine by the river, or kick back by the fireplace - the property is an idyllic base for your Hill Country exploration and escape!
*Note another vacation rental unit is on-site w/some shared amenities*
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom: King Bed with ensuite bathroom | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed with adjacent bathroom | Additional Sleeping in Loft: Air Mattress
This beautiful 2-story home is quintessentially Texas - from the tin roof outside to the warm, native cedar columns inside and out. Filled with natural light, it offers a rustic ambiance without losing the modern conveniences and comforts of home.
Enjoy over 300 feet of private Blanco River frontage, including a stone deck and steps into the river. This house is set on over 3 acres of hill country landscape. Relax in the private hot tub and wraparound porch.
Subtle tree lighting and rustic light strings along the stone sidewalks make nighttime access easy, and fireflies are a magical bonus on summer evenings!
During downtime, play Foosball and watch satellite TV in the upstairs loft, or share a bottle of wine by the wood-burning fireplace in the living room below.
The kitchen is fully equipped with stainless steel appliances and a large granite island to make big feasts and quick snacks a breeze. Steaks and burgers are a step away on the charcoal grill in the shared shaded pavilion.
Need a base for a Hill Country wedding or family event? If you're visiting with more than 6, inquire about the newly renovated Rock House, a second vacation rental on the property, Evolve listing 427593.
-- THE LOCATION --
This home boasts a fantastic location perched on the Blanco River which starts just twenty or so miles upstream and is nourished by many small springs including some on the property. Originally a communal meeting place for a local German community and later a Girl Scout Camp, the property preserves the fifty foot long stone outdoor table and other structures from that era.
Bring your water toys and fishing poles to enjoy the river right from the property. Spend your afternoon floating in the river and then recovering in the shade of your private porch, the many live oak trees or shared pavilion.
The very best of Blanco awaits just 3 miles away. Enjoy a visit to the Real Ale Brewery tasting room and then browse the shops, antique stores, and restaurants of Main Street. You can also plan your visit around the many area events including bicycle rides, the Blanco Lavender Festival and monthly market days in Blanco and nearby Wimberley, Gruene, and Fredericksburg!
While you're in the Hill Country, tour of some of the many wineries, breweries, and distilleries that stretch from Blanco to Fredericksburg! Check out the live music and dancing schedule in nearby Luckenbach, Twin Sisters, and Fisher, or pop over to Albert Hall for beer, wine, and great food truck fare.
For something different, enjoy a burger and beverage during a game of nine-pin bowling at the nearby Blanco Bowling Club. Just be sure to tip the local teens who manually reset the pins during your game. If golf is your sport, try out the fairways of Vaaler Creek Club, The Club at Rebecca Creek, Lady Bird Johnson Golf Course, and Lakeside Golf.
Shoppers can enjoy the vast selection of bargains at the nearby San Marcos outlet malls which include favorites like Last Call, Armani, Hugo Boss, Carolina Herrera, and Kate Spade. Antique hunters will enjoy the many area shops filled with special treasures.
History buffs are encouraged to drive 30 minutes to the Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park - the birthplace, home, ranch, and final resting place of President Lyndon Baines Johnson, and enjoy the abundant springtime bluebonnets and other wildflowers encouraged by his wife Lady Bird.
Start and end your day watching the abundant bird and wildlife along the Blanco River, including deer, armadillos, raccoons, skunks, opossums, owls, turkey, and grey fox as well as the occasional osprey, snake, hummingbird, hawk and great horned owl.
-- REST EASY WITH EVOLVE --
Evolve Vacation Rental makes it easy to find and book properties you'll never want to leave. You can relax knowing that our properties will always be ready for you and that we'll answer the phone 24/7. Even better, if anything is off about your stay, we'll make it right. You can count on our homes and our people to make you feel welcome--because we know what vacation means to you.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances, flat-screen satellite TV, Foosball table, in-house laundry machines, wraparound porch, private hot tub, and more!
- Shared amenities on the 3-acre tract include a covered pavilion with charcoal grill, picnic areas, riverfront patio, and steps for direct river access
- Wifi is available but not particularly fast due to the location. When working remotely the owners rely on their cell phone hot spots
- The Blanco River is totally spring fed so its level varies, sometimes dramatically, and in a bad drought year can go dry for a few weeks in late summer
- NOTE: This property has recently installed a reverse osmosis water filtration system for all sinks in the home
- Nearest Commercial Airport: San Antonio International Airport (44 miles)
- If you're traveling with more than 6 guests, check the availability of the additional vacation rental on the property (Evolve listing 427593) Please inquire with Evolve about renting both properties together
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- No hunting
- Please note there are 20 beehives on the property; please do not disturb the bees
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises, and there may be other travelers present during your stay
- The property can sleep 4 guests in beds, but the maximum occupancy is flexible up to 6 with space on an air mattress
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »