The stars at night are big and bright at this vacation rental on the Blanco River! Bring 2 to 4 guests to the renovated 1920's Rock House - a property full of charm, comfort & rustic-yet-modern decor. Nestled on 3 acres with 150 live oak trees, this home is a cozy cottage just 3 miles from downtown Blanco. Relax by the river or in front of the original stone fireplace - the property is an idyllic base for your Hill Country escape!
*Note another vacation rental unit is on-site w/shared amenities*
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom: Queen Bed | Additional Sleeping: Air Mattress
All you could ask for is found right on site. Start your mornings with a cup of coffee on the private, covered porch, followed by a midday barbeque at this house or in the shared pavilion, before taking the steps down for float in the Blanco River!
Even the most adventurous have to rest. Head inside the Rock House to unwind in front of the flat-screen Smart TV, while loved ones whip up a snack in the fully equipped kitchen. Steaks and burgers are a step away on your private propane grill, or on a charcoal grill in the shared shaded pavilion.
When you're ready to retire for the night, retreat to the master bedroom, located behind the beautiful sliding barn doors. Subtle tree lighting and rustic light strings along the stone sidewalks make nighttime access easy, and fireflies are a magical bonus on summer evenings!
This historic home is perfect for your next solo trip or couple's retreat. Need a base for a Hill Country wedding or family event? Inquire about the second vacation rental on the property, Evolve listing 427592.
-- THE LOCATION --
This home boasts a fantastic location perched on the Blanco River which starts just twenty or so miles upstream and is nourished by many small springs including some on the property. Originally a communal meeting place for a local German community and later a Girl Scout Camp, the Rock House preserves this history along with a fifty foot long stone outdoor table and other structures from that era.
Bring your water toys and fishing poles to enjoy the river right from the property. Spend your afternoon floating in the river and then recovering in the shade of your private porch, the many live oak trees or shared pavilion.
The very best of Blanco awaits just 3 miles away. Enjoy a visit to the Real Ale Brewery tasting room and then browse the shops, antique stores, and restaurants of Main Street. You can also plan your visit around the many area events including bicycle rides, the Blanco Lavender Festival and monthly market days in Blanco and nearby Wimberley, Gruene and Fredericksburg!
While you're in the Hill Country, tour of some of the many wineries, breweries and distilleries that stretch from Blanco to Fredericksburg! Check out the live music and dancing schedule in nearby Luckenbach, Twin Sisters and Fisher, or pop over to Albert Hall for beer, wine and great food truck fare.
For something different, enjoy a burger and beverage during a game of nine pin bowling at the nearby Blanco Bowling Club. Just be sure to tip the local teens who manually reset the pins during your game. If golf is your sport, try out the fairways of Vaaler Creek Club, The Club at Rebecca Creek, Lady Bird Johnson Golf Course and Lakeside Golf.
Shoppers can enjoy the vast selection of bargains at the nearby San Marcos outlet malls which include favorites like Last Call, Armani, Hugo Boss, Carolina Herrera and Kate Spade. Antique hunters will enjoy the many area shops filled with special treasures.
History buffs are encouraged to drive 30 minutes to the Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park - the birthplace, home, ranch, and final resting place of President Lyndon Baines Johnson, and enjoy the abundant springtime bluebonnets and other wildflowers encouraged by his wife Lady Bird.
Start and end your day watching the abundant bird and wildlife along the Blanco River, including deer, armadillos, raccoons, skunks, opossums, owls and turkey, as well as the occasional osprey, snake and elusive river otter.
-- REST EASY WITH EVOLVE --
Evolve Vacation Rental makes it easy to find and book properties you'll never want to leave. You can relax knowing that our properties will always be ready for you and that we'll answer the phone 24/7. Even better, if anything is off about your stay, we'll make it right. You can count on our homes and our people to make you feel welcome--because we know what vacation means to you.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a full kitchen with stainless steel appliances, a flat-screen Smart TV, covered porch, wood-burning fireplace, outdoor propane grill and more
- Shared amenities on the 3-acre tract include a covered pavilion with charcoal grill, picnic areas, riverfront patio, and steps for direct river access.
- No Wifi yet so when working remotely the owners rely on their cell phone hotspots.
- The Blanco River is totally spring fed so its level varies, sometimes dramatically, and in a bad drought year can go dry for a few weeks in late summer.
- NOTE: This property has recently installed a reverse osmosis water filtration system for all sinks in the home
- Nearest Commercial Airport: San Antonio International Airport (~ 44 miles away)
- If you're traveling with more than 4 guests, check the availability of the additional vacation rental on the property (Evolve listing 427592) Please inquire with Evolve about renting both properties together
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please note there are 20 beehives on the property; please do not disturb the bees
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises, and there may be other travelers present during your stay
- The property can sleep 2 guests in beds, but the maximum occupancy is flexible up to 4 with space on an air mattress
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »