** Book now for a 10% discount in July & August! **
Nestled in the Wheats Valley of the Blue Ridge Range, you'll find 'Hawk's Nest Cabin,' a 3-bedroom, 2.5-bath vacation rental cabin. 350 serene acres with a retired apple orchard, hiking trails and stunning mountain views offer privacy while only minutes away from The D-Day Memorial and cultural events sponsored by the Sedalia Center. Kayak on the James River, view Roanoke from the top of Mill Mountain or stroll the campus of Liberty University.
-- THE PROPERTY --
Nestled in a secluded dell, this log cabin boasts interior walls of polished cherry wood harvested from the nearby forest. A cathedral ceiling and meticulous craftsmanship welcome you inside 'Hawk's Nest Cabin.'
Sit back and relax in the shade of the wraparound porch and watch cloud shadows play across a facing mountain. After the sun goes to bed, you can listen to the songs of night birds and katydids, and see what the heavens look like miles away from light pollution.
This year-round facility offers a perfect respite no matter the season. In winter, you can snuggle up in front of a wood-burning fire and sneer at the wind fretting around the corners of this tight and well-insulated home. During spring, watch the dogwoods and redbuds bloom, and hike to the top of the nearby Peaks of Otter. In the summertime, the living is easy! Come fall, the air is crisp, clear and cool, the leaves turn colors and even on rainy days the wraparound porch beckons you outside.
You can save your cash and dine at the home any time you please. The kitchen is well-equipped for all of your cooking needs and there is an expansive counter to serve from. Feel free to barbeque dinner on the rear brick patio and dine al fresco on the deck.
When you're in the mood for a cozy night in, turn on the flat-screen monitor equipped with a Blu ray player and streaming capabilities.
If you need additional sleeping arrangements, see 'Wheats Valley Lodge', Evolve listing 425734. This 6-bedroom, 2-bathroom vacation rental home is located roughly 1/2 mile away on the same 350-acre property and offers accommodations for 12 guests.
-- THE LOCATION --
This rural property is ideally situated so you can enjoy the privacy of the 350 acres of woodland, orchard, and meadows while being close to endless natural wonders, including the Natural Bridge.
In roughly 25 minutes you can be at The National D-Day Memorial, Blue Ridge Parkway, Peaks of Otter Recreation Area, or the James River. Fish for bluegill, take out a kayak or canoe and see the leaves change along the parkway.
Stroll through Liberty University just 40 minutes away, spend the day at Smith Mountain Lake 1 hour away, or explore Thomas Jefferson's beloved octagon house, Poplar Forest, 36 minutes away. An hour's drive will let history fans in your group visit the Booker T. Washington National Monument.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental wants your vacation experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it easy, we help you find a property you love, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our properties are safe, clean, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that’s on your mind. It’s a fresh new approach to vacation rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen, 1 flat-screen monitor w/ Blu-ray and streaming, free WiFi, charcoal grill, starter pack of trash bags, paper towels and toilet paper provided, chimnara, 350 acres of retired orchard, pasture, and woodland to hike on, driveway parking for 3 vehicles, and more
- Ideally located in a quiet, secluded area of Bedford County. Both The National D-Day Memorial and the Peaks of Otter Recreation Area are just 26 minutes away, plus you can enjoy easy nearby access to the Blue Ridge Parkway, fishing on Abbott Lake and recreation on the James River
- Nearest Major Airport: Lynchburg Regional Airport (30.0 miles)
- Five hours or less driving time away from Greensboro, NC, Durham, NC, Raleigh, NC, Charlotte, NC, Washington, DC, 5 hours to Norfolk, VA, Chesapeake, VA, Richmond, VA, Virginia Beach, VA, Baltimore, MD, and Pittsburgh, PA
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Events, parties and large gatherings are not allowed
- If you need additional sleeping arrangements, see 'Wheats Valley Lodge', Evolve listing 425734. This 6-bedroom, 2-bathroom vacation rental home is located roughly 1/2 mile away on the same 350-acre property and offers accommodations for 12 guests
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- ADDITIONAL FEES AND TAXES WILL APPLY
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »