* Payment Terms: 25% payable at the time of booking with balance due 30 days prior to arrival (Previously at 50%)
* May cancel up to 30 days prior to arrival for a full refund (subject only to a restocking and processing fee equal to 10% of the deposit paid)*
* Cancelled booking less than 29 days still get flexibility and will be granted credit for the full value of their stay in the same home for up to 12 months*
*except for those bookings that fall within the Christmas-New Year Period.
THE PERSONAL VILLAS EXPERIENCE
* Private check-in
* Pre-trip planning: airport transfers, grocery pre-stocking, activity suggestions
* Fresh Linens, Towels, Daily Housekeeping (except Sundays)
* English speaking concierge service and on-location team
* Free Wifi
* Points Program (Inquire about our PersonalVillas rewards program if you visit often!)
FUSTIC HOUSE, Fustic Village, Saint Lucy, Barbados
Built in the early 18th century, this stately home of coral stone exudes traditional charm. This 11-acre property set in the north of the island was re-designed between the late 60s and early 70s by celebrated English theatrical designer Oliver Messel for Charles Graves (brother of the poet Robert Graves). This designer's signature style was in making indoor and outdoor spaces seamlessly flow together - creating a comfortable and elegant family home of exceptional beauty.
The extensive property is perched on a coral ridge with unforgettable views of the Caribbean coastline, with a park of mahogany trees amidst mature, lush gardens – initially designed by Todd Langstaffe-Gowan, landscape designer for the Royal Palace of Hampton Court; and more recently updated by the owners, avid horticulturist themselves. The impeccably kept grounds with a koi-filled lotus lake, provide a peaceful oasis to stroll or relax. In January 2019, the gardens at Fustic House were featured in The Daily Telegraph.
The stunning home offers seven luxury suites spread across four separate wings with over 13,000 square feet of living space. The Great House features the master bedroom suite overlooking the Caribbean views and a guest bedroom, library and salon on the upper floor. The main floor offers indoor and courtyard dining areas, and a kitchen. The adjoining Messel Wing has two additional suites with a large sun terrace. Connected via pretty pathways the Plantation Wing and the Pavilion are close by but more private. The Plantation Wing contains two large suites featuring private outdoor showers, an open atrium and a central sitting court with an exercise/games room. The Pavilion is set in a tropical ravine and offers a further bedroom suite with an outdoor shower, kitchenette and media/reception room. The large reception room boasts a high-tech home cinema. This area is surrounded by wrap-around purple heartwood terracing - with a mahogany tree growing through the west deck.
The natural lagoon-shaped pool which is set in the natural rock cliffside just steps from the Great House is fed by ionized water – similar to swimming in a natural spring. At night the pool evokes magic with its lights set below. The expansive sun deck adjacent to the pool is built over the ravine within the trees -like a giant treehouse. Picture yourself with the scenic view as your backdrop, tanning or having an aperitif before a sumptuous dinner prepared by a chef on staff - Andy Taylor, formally of Lonestar Restaurant and Maddox fame. Fustic House Private Estate, the ideal getaway for large families or groups, offers the finest in Caribbean island living.
Guests have the use of the owner's beachfront Day-House, which is located in Half Moon Fort, just a 5-minute walk from the villa. Here you can relax on the cobblestone patio and enjoy a close-up view of the turquoise Caribbean Sea, as you enjoy a tasty lunch prepared by our Fustic House chef, or keep an eagle eye on the horizon for the green flash as the sun sets, sipping a tropical cocktail brought to you by our ever-eager-to-please butler. This beautiful white-sand beach is yours to enjoy, with fantastic swimming and snorkeling just steps away!
* Lagoon-shaped Pool, Beach Nearby
* Garden, Gazebo, Terrace, Sun Deck
* Fitness Room, Game Room, Ping Pong Table, Croquet, Boules
* Volleyball/Badminton, Children's Play Area, Books
* Home Theatre, CD Player, DVD Player, Stereo, Cable TV, Wifi
* Air-Conditioned Bedrooms, Ceiling Fans, Hair Dryer
* Guard (24 hours), Security Safe
* Pool Shower, Koi-filled lotus lake
* Watersports by request
* Three Housekeepers - Including a laundress
* Cook + Kitchen Assistant
* Estate Manager
* Owner's Representative
* 24-hour Security
* Three to Four Gardeners
* Bedroom 1 at Great House - Master: King-size bed, Toilet, Tub, Shower, Double Vanity, Ensuite
* Bedroom 2 at Great House - Wisteria, King-size bed, Toilet, Shower, Single Vanity, Bathroom Adjacent
* Bedroom 3 at Messel Wing - Sunset, 2 Twin beds convertible to king, Ensuite, Shower, Single Vanity
* Bedroom 4 at Messel Wing - Seaview, 2 Twin beds convertible to king, Ensuite, Shower, Single Vanity
* Bedroom 5 at Plantation Wing - Mahogany Suite, King bed, Ensuite, Tub, Outdoor Shower, Double Vanity
* Bedroom 6 at Plantation Wing - Wicker Suite, King-size bed, Ensuite, Tub, Outdoor Shower, Double Vanity
* Bedroom 7 at Pavilion - King-size bed, Outdoor Shower, Shower, Single Vanity, Bathroom AdjacentGet the full listing »