Situated in one of the sunniest villages in Austria,850m above the beautiful Drau valley, Alpenrose has incredible panoramic views of the valley and Villacher Alps.
Ideal for skiing, hiking and watersport paradise of the Millstattersee.
Large private gardens with sunbathing area, sauna & outdoor pool(operational during the summer only).
8 double rooms with 6 ensuite bathrooms. 1bathroom has a connecting door to 2 bedrooms /entrance welcome room/magnificent panoramic lounge/ breakfast room/ sauna & relaxation room/ washing facilities/ modern kitchen/ free parking.
How many people can Alpenrose sleep?
- The chalet has 8x bedrooms, which sleeps 16x people (7x doubles & 1x twin)
- The chalet has 1x cot and 1x travel cot
- The chalet has 1x sofa bed (at an additional cost) and can therefore sleep 18x in total (Small sofa bed suitable for 1 adult or 2 small children)
- 6x ensuites and 1x adjoining bathroom to two bedrooms
Does the chalet have any high chairs?
- Yes, the chalet has 2x high chairs
Does Alpenrose have parking?
- Yes, there is free parking at the chalet
Does Alpenrose have a washing machine & iron?
- Yes, a washing machine is available, however Alpenrose does not have tumble dryer facilities
- There is an iron available at the chalet
Is wifi available at Alpenrose?
- Yes, free wifi is available
Will I need to bring my own hairdryer & towles?
- There are hairdryers & towels at Alpenrose
Does Alpenrose have a BBQ?
- Yes, there is a small BBQ - however you would need to supply your own charcoal
Is there a sauna and shower room?
Is there a pool?
- Yes, open air, unheated with slidable cover
- The pool opens at the beginning of the summer
Are there sun loungers?
What are the costs?
- Fees at Alpenrose will vary based on season and availability. Booking is based on sole use of the house, including pool & gardens. We do not hire on a room by room basis
- Along with accommodation fees - tourist tax, a one-off cleaning and a refundable security deposit apply
- A minimum stay of 4x nights apply
Is the chalet catered?
- No, the chalet is self catering only
Can I bring my pet to Alpenrose?
- Unfortunately, Alpenrose is not suitable for pets
How are far the local amenities from Alpenrose?
- The local town of Ferndorf - 5.2km
- Local shop in Ferndorf - 5.2km
- The town of Spittal - 13km
- The larger town of Villach - 31.8km
- Klagenfurt Airport - 69.7km
- Local Doctors - 5.2km (in Ferndorf)
- Gym - there are a number of gyms 13km (in Spittal)
- Pharmacy - 13km (in Spittal)
- Train Station - 5.2km (in Ferndorf)
- Restaurants - Spittal has a vast array of restaurants to choose from
What are the closest ski resorts to Alpenrose?
- Goldeck am Millstätter See - 13.1km (situated directly by Spittal)
- Bad Kleinkirchheim – 20.8 km
- Katschberg – 48.8 km
- Gerlitzen – 41.6 km
- Mölltaler Gletscher – 59.6 km
- Ice skating on the Weissensee – 59.1 km
Is a car required?
- You will require a car to access the chalet as there are no local buses that stop near Alpenrose
- Winter chains on wheels are recommended during the winter monthsGet the full listing »