Berghaus Christel is a private holiday home that has been built with great care and attention to detail. The house is opposite the lift (in use during summer and winter) that takes you to the three-country point of Austria, Slovenia and Italy.
Enjoy the unobstructed view of the mountains from the lovely terrace or on the balcony. And the house is facing the south.
We have furnished our holiday home with love. We wanted to make it a warm cozy holiday home. With many natural elements where everyone feels welcome.
Why our holiday home and this location in Carinthia, Austria?
- It is a modern house with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Of course with dishwasher, fridge / freezer and Nespresso coffee machine, washing machine, T. V., internet.
- Used a lot of beautiful, natural wood. Tree trunk dining table, lamps of tree trunks and cabinets of solid wood provide a lot of atmosphere.
- Underfloor heating ensures warm feet in winter
- Cozy fireplace to relax after a day outside.
- The large deep garden ends in a nice mountain stream. Here children can play and in the summer also cool down and build a dam.
- In the backyard is a large trampoline where children can enjoy themselves.
- It is also fun to play football or kite. Where in the winter the ski slope ends in the summer is a very large, freely accessible meadow, where it is great to play. And this only 100 meters from Berghaus Christel!
- From our holiday home you walk into the mountains and you have a beautiful view
- Walking / hiking and mountain biking can here like no other. Numerous routes from simple to difficult. Suitable for every walker and cyclist.
- The central location in Carinthia is really great. Just drive a few kilometers down and then choose: do we continue to Austria, to Italy or to Slovenia?
- Many activities with the Carinthia map can be reached within half an hour drive.
- Both Italy and Slovenia are both so different from Austria. This is really worth a visit. Italy is a 10 minute drive away, Slovenia reach in a little 20 minutes.
- Do we enjoy going to one of the many lakes? The Faaker See is already about 15 minutes away! The more temperatures are above 25 degrees. That is because the summer temperatures are between 25 and 30 degrees.
- Are we going to drive the beautiful alpine route, the Villacher Alpenstraße? An autoroute with one of the most beautiful views of Austria.
- Golf can be done in many places in the neighborhood. There are 4 golf courses in Austria, Italy or Slovenia in a radius of about 50km. In Austria there are already 2 golf courses in about 20 minutes drive from our house.
Tip; buy at least the Carinthia card! For an amount around 60 euros for adults (children are half money) you can do more than 100 activities for free (use of the lifts, boat trips, sledding, access to Villacher Alpenstraße etc).
Our house is located in the village of Seltschach, just above Arnoldstein. The house looks towards the three country point. Only 100 meters walk and you are at the ski lift.
Quiet in the mountains but not isolated. A short road leads to the valley village of Arnoldstein.
If you want to do activities you can choose; we are going to do something in Austria today, to Italy (10 minutes drive or to Slovenia) (20 minutes drive). Our holiday home is so central!
THE VACATION HOME
Our holiday home is divided over a ground floor, first floor and an attic. The whole house has underfloor heating. Through the French doors in the living room you enter the 30-meter-deep backyard that lies south.
The balcony of 2.50 meters deep serves also as a veranda. In the summer, the veranda offers a sheltered spot from the sun. In the winter you can sit outside, without clearing snow.
To keep the heat out, the shutters can be used. Under the large carport the car can be parked so that it does not have to be cleared of snow.
There is a large trampoline in the garden. And in the back of the garden is a nice present; a nice mountain stream where you can cool down and where it is nice to relax in the shade.
Through the hall straight you enter the toilet with behind it a laundry room, with washing machine, where also ski boots can be cleaned up.
The underfloor heating ensures warm shoes. The kitchen is equipped with appliances; refrigerator with freezer, ceramic hob, dishwasher, oven and Nespresso coffee machine.
The cozy dining area (tree trunk dining table) offers space for 7 people where you can have a breakfast or a cozy cheese fondue in the evening (fondue pot).
In the living room is a corner sofa and separate chair by the fireplace for cozy evenings. Of course there is also TV and WIFI connection.
You reach the first floor via the wooden staircase. There are 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
The master bedroom has a 2 person box spring (160 x 200) and doors to a large balcony (2.50 x 5 meters). This gives a fantastic view to the mountains / ski meadow.
A large wardrobe and chest of drawers offer plenty of storage options.
The other bedroom also has a 2 person box spring (160 × 200) and a sleeping chair with cover. This can be opened in a jiffy to a full-size bed (thick mattress 80 × 200).
A large wardrobe and a small chest of drawers provide ample storage space.
The 2 bathrooms are both equipped with shower, toilet, sink and plenty of storage space. And also have underfloor heating.
A wooden staircase leads to the attic. This is a nice place to sleep for the children. A bunk bed (2x 90 x 200) and a single bed (90 x 200) can accommodate 3 people.
It is also a nice, cozy place for the children to play nicely.
-Art Christmas tree with ornamentation
The three countries point has an Alpine-Mediterranean climate: in summer, high temperatures and lots of sun. In July and August the days are nice and warm. Temperatures between 25 ° C and 30 ° C are very common.
But in the spring and autumn it is on average 20 ° C with many hours of sunshine! Ideal for a spring or autumn holiday.
The winters are characterized by lots of solar heat, snow and cold nights. It can be at night - 20 ° C, and then on the day after + 20 ° C in the sun.
The air temperature is then at the same time around the freezing point. There is almost no 'warm' hair blowing, as elsewhere in Austria. This keeps the snow better and longer. This makes South Carinthia a snow-sure ski resort with lots of sun hours.
It is wonderful skiing here. After skiing, cross-country skiing or walking in the sun, enjoy the beautiful Austria on a terrace, at the house or on the slopes.
In addition, ski passes and ski lessons are affordable, as is the mulled wine, jägertee.
The possibilities of the area are very diverse and endless, both in winter and in summer. Families with children and the elderly; anyone who loves culture, nature and sports activities will have a fantastic holiday here.
Skiing, cross-country skiing in the winter are of course possible. Hiking and cycling in the summer
But if you go to Carinthia, think about it in the summer:
- golf (4 golf courses in a radius of about 25 kilometers in 3 different countries)
- Make beautiful mountain trips (Villacher Alpenstraße is a must!)
- visit Italy (in 10 minutes you are at the Italian village of Tarvisio)
- visit Slovenia (in 15 minutes you are in Slovenia with beautiful nature)
- Practice all kinds of water sports in the many lakes. Faaker See is a 15-minute drive away and Lake Ossiach is just over 20 minutes away.
- Use the Carinthia card. For sale at the Tourist Office. The costs for this you have quickly earned back. The card offers more than 100 activities: tobogganing, boat trips, visiting museums, various chairlifts up etc.
And of course hiking / walking over the mountains, through the woods.
With a stay in Berghaus Christel you have three cultures, the mountains and the lakes close together. Berghaus Christel is very easy to drive.
At Arnoldstein you leave the motorway and then 4 kilometers along a road to the holiday home. This is at an altitude of 680 meters.
In winter, this road is kept free of snow. Equipped with all comforts, you will experience a wonderful, undisturbed and carefree holiday here!Get the full listing »