Positioned at the very end of one of Leura's finest tree lined streets, this retreat commands magnificent uninterrupted views across the World Heritage listed Blue Mountains National Park towards Wentworth Falls.
Sitting on 1350 square metres with a sunny north /east aspect, the Black Cockatoo Retreat is a contemporary country style 5 bedroom residence surrounded by delightful gardens.The property is peaceful and private, with tree lined fencing, large electronic security gates, and a monitored security system.
The exceptional ambience of this property must be experienced. Spectacular views of the valley are on show from the living /dining area, the outdoor courtyard, the sitting room, and the master bedroom. The crystal clean air, the morning mist in the valley, the quality of daylight, the sounds of native birds and the colourful garden all combine to awaken the senses in way that both relaxes and revitalises.
The ground level of the retreat comprises a large bedroom with king bed, a stylish, well equipped granite kitchen, a lovely living /dining area featuring a handsomeFrench provincial dining table and wood fireplace. French doors open out to a large covered courtyard area with fabulous garden and valley views.The mezzanine level boasts a spacious family entertainment area and a stylishly furnished sitting room. The first level comprises two bedrooms with queen beds, one single trundle and a family sized bathroom. The top level showcases a huge master bedroom with king size bed, TV/ DVD and spacious relaxation area, a walk in robe and bathroom. Also, adjacent to the walk in robe and bathroom is an additional queen bed suite, extending maximum occupancy to 12.
If you wish to explore beyond the comfort of the retreat, there is much on offer close by.
A five minute walk takes you to the Leura Golf Resort and the facilities of Fairmont Pacific Resort. A five minute drive will place you in the heart of Leura Village with fantastic shopping and eateries.
This is a special property of exceptional quality that delivers stunning beauty as well as great comfort and practicality. It will appeal to couples looking for a romantic getaway, families seeking to access all that the mountains have to offer, or small groups of friends seeking to combine golf, dining, shopping, tourism and home entertainment.
- central gas heating
- enclosed wood fireplace with firewood
- ceiling fans
- extensive cooking facilities
- large extendable dining setting for entertaining
- main bathroom has bath with spa
- tv+ bluraydvd + Netflix in 3 rooms
- harman-kardon stereo with ipod dock
- ue boombox wifi speaker with bluetooth
- modern Sealy beds in all rooms
- quality Sheridan linen &towels
- 5 bedrooms
- ground floor 1 king bed
- first floor 2 queen beds, 2 singles (on request)
- top floor 1 king bed, 1 queen bed, 1 single
- portable cot
- off-street covered parking for 2 cars, plus uncovered space for 2 more.
- property is fully fenced
- Large range of dvds, cds, books,board games, playstation 3
- back to base, monitored security alarm
- gas barbeque
- outdoor dining setting
- washing machine
- ironing facilities
- 2 bathrooms, 1 bath with spa
- 3 toilets
- non smoking
- no pets
There is so much to see and do around the Blue Mountains. Many attractions are only 15 minutes away, others involve a half or full day.
- Bushwalking, waterfalls and sightseeing are in abundant supply in Leura (Sublime
Point), Katoomba (the Three Sisters), Wentworth Falls and Blackheath
- Great golf courses in each of the same 4 villages (play a different course each day!)
- Fabulous Day Spas in Leura and Katoomba
- Scenic World Railway and Skyway -a must do attraction in Katoomba
- Leura Toy and railway Museum
- The Edge Cinema complex, Katoomba
- Antique stores and galleries in Katoomba
- Leura Everglades
- Hop On - Hop Off Blue Mountains Trolley Tours
- Falls Gallery in Wentworth Falls
- Great restaurants in Leura, Wentworth Falls, Katoomba, and Blackheath
- The spectacularly renovated Hydro Majestic Hotel & dining complex in Medlow Bath
- Norman Lindsay Gallery, Faulconbridge
- The wineries of Orange & Mudgee
- Jenolan Caves
- Horse riding in the Megalong Valley and Hartley Valley
- Mount Tomah Botanic gardens
- Breenhold Gardens, Mount WilsonGet the full listing »