If you are looking to seriously escape to a safe haven then this is your Shangri-La with the majestic Daintree Mountains as your vista. This home appeals due to it’s very special ambience and solitude. It becomes your own sanctuary. Luxurious and spacious, a relaxing and unforgettable holiday for a family, friends or honeymooners to hideaway. A holistic retreat to rekindle the soul.
The senses are saturated as soon as you enter the 500 metre winding drive through a coconut and mango grove dotted with neem trees and exotics. The stone walled, French provincial design house easily accommodates 6-8 people with an intimate atmosphere. The well travelled owners have paid attention to every detail with special touches that you would only find in the best European havens. The house features a 20 metre heated wet edge lap pool with glorious views of the Daintree Mountains. Rediscover the simple pleasures of life. Reading, breathing the mountain air, swimming, exploring the fascinating valley on bicycles, taking a dip in a mountain stream and long walks through the lush unspoiled gardens this property offers. Incredible views to dine by with the mountains luring the sun to bed in spectacular sunsets. A magical private paradise…absolute seclusion. A bird watchers retreat in Kingfisher Lane.
FACILITIES & FEATURES
- 4 bedrooms (2 king, 1 queen, 1 single and +1 king day bed for nature lovers under a Balinese style cabana)
- 3 bathrooms
- Vichy spa treatment room with private vichy table and spa therapist on call (use of this facility is charged to guest)
- Fully equipped kitchen including gas cooking, espresso machine and dishwasher
- Ducted air conditioning
- Ceiling fans throughout
- Outdoor dining in 3 settings
- Undercover BBQ area
- Heated saltwater swimming pool (heated in winter months only, June - September)
- Full laundry facilities
- Children most welcome
- TV, satellite TV, DVD/CD surround system and an abundance of books
- WiFi internet access (excessive use may be charged to guest)
- A library to while away your lazy days
- Decks to sunbathe
- 30 acres of grounds
- All linen including beach/pool towels are provided
- A complimentary mid stay cleaning service is provided for stays of 8 nights or more
ESPECIALLY FOR OUR GUESTS
We offer a personal meet and greet service upon your arrival at Shangri-La. Appelles amenities are provided for your enjoyment.
Designed to revive those who seek tranquillity in a private and peaceful haven. Immerse yourself in an oasis where privacy meets relaxation in total harmony. Soak away tension with a grounding foot soak, a full body desert salt exfoliation and warmed body mud wrap and scalp massage.
Artesian water from the vichy shower massages and washes away remaining tension. A full body massage, facial and indulgent pampering of the hands and feet complete the experience. Complete Bliss. 3 hours – $350.00
We are happy to tailor personalised spa packages for your stay.
Shangri-La in the Whyanbeel Valley has a confidential location to protect guests privacy. It is located just 15 minutes drive from the nearest town, Mossman and 30 minutes from Port Douglas. A map with directions is provided on payment of the final balance. Shangri-La is hidden in a valley in the most exclusive area of lifestyle properties of North Queensland. Whyanbeel Valley is home to the world famous - The Botanical Ark, High Falls Farm and tropical flower and fruit orchards.Get the full listing »