Pambula Beach is the perfect get-away - a tiny township surrounded by bushland, but only minutes away from the activity and facilities of Merimbula.
• Initial enquiries by email only please.
• There is a 3 day minimum booking outside of the summer school holidays and Easter. Requests for 2 day stays will not receive a response.
Metres to surf, fishing or safe swimming/ playground areas for kids - the choice is yours! Enjoy quiet lazy summer days with the family at "Riverside" - with everything so close at hand, you won't want to get into your car for the duration of your holiday!
• cross the road to the surf at uncrowded Lion's Beach - bbq facilities, toilets
• 100m walk to the family-favoured Pambula River mouth - swings, shower, toilet and shady areas to sit and watch the kids just metres away
• rock climbing from Lion's Beach to the main beach
• guided canoe tours up the Pambula River
• fishing on the rocks or further upstream
• walk 600m to the main Pambula Beach area, with Life-saving Club and patrolled swimming areas, grocery and take-away food store, and "The Broken Oar" Bar and Grill Restaurant
• cycle from Pambula Beach to Pambula and onto Merimbula
Pambula is only a few minutes drive away:
• golf course, tennis courts, skate park, horse-riding through bush to beach
• quaint shops, pubs, cafes, video rental, great local pizzas (home delivery available)
• Thai restaurant (booking advised)
• loads of shopping and great range of eateries/restaurants/clubs
• movie cinema, tennis, whale watch tours, etc
• old whaling station and Museum, National Parks
• lunch at the cafes overlooking the fishing port
• fresh-off-the-boat local mussels
Local markets calendar on sapphirecoast website under the local produce menu.
TARIFFS EXPLAINED BELOW
"Riverside" is situated back from the quiet street and has a lovely bush-style front garden, perfect for BBQ dining on the large main deck while listening to the crash of the nearby waves. Local kangaroos often stray into the yard, attracted by the natural bushland setting that surrounds the area.
"Riverside" is an old, architect-designed beach-house which is gradually being restored inside and out. The house is open-plan, and tastefully decorated in a modern, no-fuss, uncluttered style. It's a character-laden beach-house, not just a suburban brick-box in the bush - cedar features, clerestory windows and raked ceilings provide the perfect relaxed beach-house setting.
The house can accommodate a total of 10 people with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
• r/c air-conditioned, open plan living area
• floor-to-ceiling windows provide a 180° view over the bush-garden
• beech-timbered kitchen with the usual facilities (including filter coffee maker, microwave, sandwich press, veg processor)
• 8 person dining table (2 stools provided as extra seating)
• three doorways lead from the living areas onto a large main deck
• BBQ and 8-seat outdoor table, shade-sail covering
• large plasma screen TV, dvd-player, inhouse selection of dvds and seating for 8 - 9
• main bedroom with queen-sized bed and huge picture window looking onto the back garden
• second bedroom with 2 x2 single bunk beds, sleeps 4
• shower / toilet with outside access (hairdryer provided)
• rumpus room with table tennis or space to keep your stuff out of the way
• bedroom with 2 king-single beds (sheets provided)
• flat-screen TV with built-in DVD player
• shower over bath / toilet (hairdryer provided)
• laundry facilities (washing machine, dryer, ironing)
• r/c air-conditioned, large master bedroom with queen-sized bed
• flat-screen TV
• ensuite with shower / toilet (hairdryer provided)
• exercise bike
• private deck with views of Pambula River mouth and the ocean
There is plenty of room for car/boat parking either at the front or the rear of the property.
Also provided: beach umbrella, coolbag, chairs, rug, surf board, boogie boards (3), skim boards (4), badminton, beach cricket, books, games, iPod docks, bluetooth speaker ...
"All in all, just a great place to relax and unwind - a brilliant place."
"Excellent (the website property description) did not do it justice."
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND PRICING
This is strictly a non-smoking home, and no pets are allowed.
We do not rent the property for parties or school leaver's celebrations, and do not offer reductions on request.
Sheets for the king-single beds are provided by the property owner.
All other linen and consumables are not provided, so please bring your own sheets, pillow-cases, towels, tea-towels, etc. Contact for linen and baby's items hire can be provided on request.
Shop for consumables at the large Woolworths in Merimbula, local market at Pambula or mini-mart at Pambula Beach.
Note for parents:
Due to elevation, stairs and unfenced steep back-yard, this house may not suitable for children under 10 years of age. Please email for further information if needed.
PRICING - Prices quoted are current to November 2016.
Price quoted to you will be as shown here:
Summer holidays 2016-17:
17th Dec 2016 - 28 Jan 2017
$3700, minumum 7 nights
Summer holidays shoulder:
30th Jan 2016 - 27th Feb 2016
12th Nov 2016 - 16th Dec 2016
7 nights $2800, 6 nights $2700, 5 nights $2600, 4 nights $2500, 3 nights $2400
Warm weather months:
28th Feb - 30 April 2016 (not including Easter period)
1st Oct - 11th Nov 2016
7 nights $2300, 6 nights $2100, 5 nights $1900, 4 nights $1700, 3 nights $1500
7 nights $2800, 6 nights $2700, 5 nights $2600, 4 nights $2500
Cool weather months: All the rest
7 nights $2100, 6 nights $1900, 5 nights $1700, 4 nights $1500, 3 nights $1300
Rebooking tenants please contact owner direct for a discount!Get the full listing »