This very spacious, three bedroom, two bathroom house features two large living areas and a sun-filled, stepped backyard that’s perfect for alfresco entertaining. Two flatscreen TVs offer Foxtel cable services. It’s just a short walk to Paddington’s boutique shopping precinct at ‘Five Ways’, Maccabi tennis courts and Oxford Street. Major shopping and transport hub Bondi Junction and Sydney’s CBD (Downtown) are also easily accessible by nearby public transport.
Enter this enormous, luxurious house from a paved courtyard and you’ll first find a spacious living area with polished floorboards throughout and wall mounted flatscreen TV that comes complete with Foxtel cable services. This space includes a dining area for four people and features a solid wooden table steeped in character. Continue through the house down some stairs and on the right you’ll find a tiled bathroom with shower, as well as a European style laundry with washing machine and separate dryer.
After this bathroom, you’ll arrive at a fully-appointed kitchen with Bosch under-bench oven and four-burner gas cooktop, integrated Fisher & Paykel fridge/freezer and loads of storage space. There’s another dining table for six or more people, with both chairs and banquette seating. This space is naturally sunlit by high set windows that come with blinds enabling you to control the brightness and overlooks a second large, sunken living area with a comfy modular lounge suite.
Just beyond this second living area, you’ll see a leafy, stepped, backyard deck, accessible via floor-to-ceiling glass bi-fold doors. Once outside, there’s yet another dining table for four people, as well as cushioned banquettes for comfortable alfresco entertaining.
The bedrooms are on the upper levels of the house and include one on a mezzanine level which has a double bed and a large private terrace off it. On the first floor, there’s another spacious bedroom with a king sized bed, its own flatscreen TV with Foxtel cable and French doors leading out on to a balcony. The main bathroom of the house is also on this floor and features a full-sized bathtub and separate shower with a frameless glass screen. A third bedroom is on the top floor, with an attic-style sloped ceiling, double bed and study nook.
Minutes from Sydney’s CBD (Downtown), Paddington is a lively, upscale suburb - only the house is situated away from the hubbub. Just up the road, there’s a cluster of boutique stores in the Victorian terraced buildings along the ‘Five Ways’, with many restaurants, cafes and Sydney’s famous Royal Hotel. The well known intersection also showcases Australian designed fashion. A little further up the hill you’ll find the Oxford Street shopping precinct, with loads of stores, eateries, bars and the iconic Paddington Markets, selling trendy crafts and clothes every Saturday.
If you have a car, you’re likely to find parking on Goodhope street near the house only it’s timed at 2 hours so watch out for parking inspectors. There are several bus services within short walking distance of the house which will take you into Sydney’s CBD in one direction and Bondi Junction in the other, which is even closer than the CBD and is a major shopping and transport hub in its own right.
Other Things to Note:
* An additional $40 will be charged to your total if a check-in happens after 8 pm, and we require your arrival time as the Concierge does not live on site.
* Have you got a baby or an infant traveling with you? We’ve got you covered. Contact us, as we can also provide you with baby items (on availability and additional cost). We offer excellent package rates for two or more items.
* A mandatory full clean of the property and complete linen change will be done every 4 weeks and added to your total booking amount for any booking longer than a month. This will be added to your total amount and processed separately.
* Extra $40/night will be charged for guests after 7 or if the sofa bed needs to be prepared.
* Please note that this property has been specifically catered for short-term rentals and is not a hotel.
• No smoking
• No pets
• No parties or events
• Check-in is anytime after 3PMGet the full listing »