Note: We were previously known as White Ice, but with a new owner, a fresh new kitchen and some other renovations we thought it was time for a name change.
There is lots of open space right at the door step - perfect for family snow-play. Located near the heart of the village, it’s an easy walk to restaurants, bars, convenience store, ski hire outlets and shops. The Mount Hotham shuttle bus is a short stumble away, or if you’re new to skiing the Dinner Plain beginner run is nearby.
This three-bedroom lodge is spacious, has all the amenities you need, and is packed to the rafters with alpine charm. The slow combustion wood heater with local stone hearth will keep you toasty warm on frosty winter nights and electric panels in every room provide superior comfort. Spread across three levels, the lodge comfortably accommodates 10 guests.
Ground floor: A gentle set of steps bring you to the front door. The generous entry lobby has seating for you to do up your boots, drying room with plenty of space to hang all your ski outerwear and a fully equipped bathroom/laundry with shower, toilet, washing machine and dryer. Through a doorway you’ll find the large open plan kitchen/living/dining area is complete with all the creature comforts. The kitchen has an electric oven and stove, Nespresso coffee machine, microwave, pantry and all the crockery and glassware you’ll need. The large sofa and LCD flat screen TV make family movie nights a pleasure, or curl up in one of the cozy window seats with a book and enjoy the snowy outlook from the warmth of inside. The rear deck has a built in BBQ and is a great place to enjoy your gorgeous surrounds.
First floor: The master bedroom has a king sized bed (which can be split into two singles upon request), two bedside tables with drawers and hanging space. The family bedroom has a queen sized bed, also with bedside tables and hanging space, and through the archway there are another two single beds. The family bathroom sports a luxurious corner spa bath (with shower overhead) and the separate toilet means there’s no need for interruptions.
Loft: Come up the stairs (no ladder climbing required) and turn one way for two single beds, or the other direction reveals a king sized bed (which can be split into two singles upon request). There is also an LCD flat screen up here – a great spot for kids to have their own entertainment getaway.
What we provide:
- The beds will be made up upon your arrival
- There will be a bath towel for each guest, and a bath mat and hand towel for each bathroom
- The kitchen is stocked with all the crockery, glassware and utensils you’re likely to need
- We provide limited dishwasher tablets, dishwashing liquid, scourers, sponges and toilet paper
- There will be some dry wood, kindling, matches and fire lighters by the fire, and further wood can be found in the woodshed on the deck
What you’ll want to bring:
- We have a pod coffee machine but you’ll need to bring your own pods (any suitable for a Nespresso machine) or ground coffee for the plunger
- If you’re a movie buff, we have video cables ready to access next to the TVs so plugging in a laptop or media player is nice and easy
Interaction with guests
Please feel free to email Jess if you have any queries in the lead up to or during your stay. We will require your mobile phone number so that we can advise you of the door code on the morning of your check-in.
- Mount Hotham ski lifts are a short 15min drive away
- High Plains Hotel offers gourmet dining, wood-fired pizza, billiard table, bar and even live music in winter
- Dinner Plain Hotel provides family friendly pub dining, billiards, darts, bar, kids play room and big open fireplace
- Ramada resort hosts refined restaurant dining, coffee and hot chocolates are a specialty, and there’s a relaxed cocktail lounge with large open fire
- Mountain Kitchen Cafe has great coffee, yummy homemade delights and local produce
- Blizzard Brewery is the highest brewer in Australia right here in Dinner Plain!
- Onsen Spa and Retreat includes a gym, pool, outdoor onsen and indoor spas and saunas and an expansive menu of beauty treatments
- Myabi Hair Salon - Adele is the best hairdresser on the planet! And the Aveda products she uses are stunning too. Be sure to book ahead.
- Hoy's are very handy for clothing and ski hire
- Overnight parking and beginner skiing at Scrubbers End
- Toboggan slope
- Tubing slope (open in summer too)
- Extensive walking and x-country trails around Dinner Plain
During the ski season there is a regular bus from Dinner Plain to Mt Hotham and return. The bus stop is a short walk from the lodge. Alternatively, you can drive up to Mount Hotham but please be aware of requirements for fitting chains to your car (there will be a sign on the main road advising current requirement) and that you need to pre-purchase a parking permit to park at Mount Hotham (through Alpine Easy Access).
Other things to note
- Unfortunately our lodge is not suitable for pets
- There is strictly no smoking inside
- Please be respectful of the neighbours – guests having parties or who are being noisy and disruptive will be asked to leaveGet the full listing »