Cann River Cottages is the ultimate destination for relaxing, fishing, Four Wheel Driving, walking unspoilt beaches and exploring the rainforest.
The spacious, 3 bedroom cottage is located only a short walk from the Cann River town centre, a pretty country town with its cafes and bakeries and only a short drive from the many local natural attractions. Amidst pristine rainforest, in the middle of the state’s best fishing waters and amazing sightseeing areas.
Cann River Cottage comfortably sleeps 9 guests in 3 bedrooms.
Bedroom 1 - Queen Bed and Single Bunks
Bedroom 2 - Queen Bed and Single Bed
Bedroom 3 - Queen Bed
Polished local timber dominates the interior of the house along with the large plasma TV, full surround sound stereo system, FOXTEL, as well as an abundance of big comfortable leather lounge chairs.
A wood heater provides cosy warmth and ambiance during the winter and reverse-cycle air conditioner to cool during warm summer days.
A full size timber kitchen has everything needed to cook up a storm and a large dining table allows room for the family to gather.
The fully decked north facing front veranda, with a huge outdoor setting is a great place to relax with a drink anytime of the year. Out the back a barbeque and outdoor firedrum complete the picture.
There is also ample off-street parking for your cars and boats.
The township of Cann River has plenty of places to grab a coffee or stop-in for some Lunch or Dinner:
Cann River Hotel
A Traditional country pub with meals served 7 days a week. Have a beer with the friendly locals at the Friday night raffle and give yourself a chance to win $1000!
Other places to eat are Cann River Cafe, Cann River Roadhouse, Jen and Dazza's Diner and Pelican Point Cafe.
If you need to stock up on supplies during your stay the Cann River General Store is your one stop shop with groceries, hardware, alcohol and bait. They are also the local newsagency.
FISHING AND BOATING
- One of the great things about the area is the ability to fish a variety of ways. Launch your boat at Tamboon Inlet and find yourself a prime spot along the 6km of navigable Cann River. Throw in your kayak to access even more of the river, or simply find one of the many places along the bank or from a jetty to drop in a line. So whether you're a serious fisho or after a more relaxed family fishing experience we have the lot.
- The areas around Cann River are without doubt, the best Bream fishing waters in the country, but you can also catch yourself trophy size flathead, tailor, snapper, bass, whiting, mulloway and perch to name a few - all from the pristine, protected waters of the many estuaries.
- Fish from the beach and add the possibility of including a gummy shark to your catch.
- A short trip up the road and you can find yourself collecting a delicious feed of oysters straight from the sand at the secluded, picturesque Winghan Inlet.
-There is an endless number of walking and cycling trails around Cann River through rainforests and natural bushlands to coastal views, including the Genoa Peak and waterfalls walk, Drummers rainforest walk, Winghan Inlet nature trail to observe a colony of Fur Seals and Cape Conran walks and Point Hicks lighthouse walk or simple meander along the beach at Point Hicks.
-East Gippsland is a popular four-wheel driving destination with many challenging unsealed roads and tracks throughout its forests, fern gullies and mountain ranges. Croajingolong National Park features forested foothills and a stunning coastline. Several tracks lead to remote locations while others offer touring routes through the park and adjoining forest.
- Cann River is centrally located to a number of popular destinations, all within a 90 minute drive.
- Wingham Inlet
- Marlo and Cape Conran
- Bemm River
- Swan Reach
- The Snowy River
- Lakes Entrance
- Buchan Caves
...Or you can simply relax and enjoy!
Don't forget to ask us how to find the locals' best kept secret, a stunning swimming hole deep enough to dive into from the surrounding granite boulders!Get the full listing »