REST, RELAX and REVIVE with the best of Hobart and Beyond on your doorstep.
- Fully restored historic home with modern comforts
- Two luxurious bedrooms. One stunning Queen, Two XL singles or King (please request)
- Overflow single bed in study
- Gas heating
- Modern kitchen, gas and elec. cooking
- Elegant dining room
- Separate lounge overlooking city
- Modern bathroom, huge walk in shower
- Portacot, highchair, linen, toys, books for kids
- Original fine art
- Private sandstone courtyard dining
- Fresh fruit, coffee, tea, pantry essentials
- Laundry, ironing, hairdryer, toiletries
- Selection of fresh Tasmanian produce, wine, whiskey upon arrival - additional cost - please enquire
- Marquis of Hastings Hotel and bottleshop - 2 mins
- Acclaimed Pigeon Hole Cafe - 3 mins
- IGA Supermarket - 3 mins
- Hobart's best Italian Paesano's Restaurant - 4 mins
- Luxury homewares - 4 mins
- Bruny Island Oyster Bar - 7 mins
- New Hill Street Grocer - 15 mins
- MONA, take the ferry from town or 15 mins drive
WITH THE KIDS:
- Amazing train park - 5 mins
- Great park over from Pigeon Hole Cafe - 3 mins
- Explore the Hobart Rivulet Linear Park - 10 mins
CLOSE TO HISTORY
- Cascade Female Factory Historic Site - 15 mins
- Cascade Brewery Est 1824 Tour - 20 mins
- Mawson's Huts Replica Museum - 15 mins
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery - 15 mins
- Hobart Penitentiary Chapel Historic Site - 20 mins
BACK TO NATURE:
- Knocklofty Nature Reserve - walk, ride
- Hobart Rivulet Linear Park
- Explore Mt Wellington
- River Derwent. Variety of boat and yacht tours
- Fabulous CBD restaurants are only a short walk, as are bars and numerous other cafes.
- Short walk to Salamanca's dining precinct, the Docks and Battery Point. (20 mins)
- North Hobart's restaurants, bars, cinemas, art galleries and bookshops (20 mins walk, 5 mins drive)
- From 2016 we will be offering plein aire landscaping day trips - please enquire
Please ask if you'd like some local advice on anything at all. We are here to help.
ABOUT THE HOBART ART HOUSE?
Built in 1853 by carpenter Mr George Reid, the brick cottage sits proudly overlooking the heart of old Hobart Town. Now heritage listed, the late Georgian/ Victorian brick cottage has been extensively restored and offers an authentic Tasmanian lifestyle set amoung the historic streets of Hobart.
In addition to accommodation tours can be arranged with your host (artist and gallery manager) to guide you to the best that Hobart's thriving arts community has to offer. Waste no time in getting to know the city - we can introduce you!
We can arrange a variety of activities including personalised guided tours of the soon to be re-opened Tasmanian Museum & Art Gallery, MONA (not open Tuesdays), local commercial galleries, artist run galleries and artist studios. We offer a range of art classes specialising in life drawing, oil and acrylic painting. If you would ike to get off the beaten track we can arrange plein aire excursions to many scenic destinations around Hobart.
Only 10 mins walk to the CBD and Salamanca precinct. 20 mins walk from vibrant North Hobart's strip of restaurants, the State Cinema & Bookshop, galleries, historic pubs and home to the Tasmanian Coffee Roasters. The Hobart Art House is the perfect base for a day trip to the top of Mount Wellington (1271m), beautiful bushwalks, mountain bike rides.
We are happy to host corporate or visiting guests for longer periods.
The home is available fully furnished with the added option of being serviced weekly to ensure total comfort during your stay. Please enquire for longer rates.Get the full listing »