FISH CREEK COTTAGE is a light-filled cosy cottage with crafted rustic timber features, an open plan interior, well equipped kitchen, 2 generous sized bedrooms, and comfortable furnishings throughout. It has been variously described by guests as "charming, creative, rustic, soothing, quaint, quirky and peaceful." Our cottage is ideal for couples, families or a small group of friends wanting to enjoy a relaxing escape, a chance to explore the villages, hills and beaches, or to hibernate, tucked up with a good book, winter fire and a good local wine!
Our cottage is an ideal base from which to explore some of the fantastic attractions of Prom Country - the Prom, the beaches, Cape Liptrap, the wineries and Great Southern Rail Trail. All within an easy stroll are four art galleries, the local cafes , the fabulous Fish Creek Hotel, the Celia Rosser Gallery, children's playground, and the Great Southern Rail Trail.
We know that many of you love to bring your pets along with you on holiday - so we welcome well behaved dogs and other small pets (by prior arrangement). They can even sleep indoors, just not in the bedrooms or on the furniture. There is a large, fenced backyard giving dogs plenty of room to run around and explore, shade, food and water bowls... and the odd buried bone to discover.
OUR COTTAGE provides all you'd want for a relaxing weekend or mid-week escape including:
- 2 generous sized bedrooms - very comfy beds!
- 1 room with queen size bed
- 1 room with two king singles and one standard single bed
- Quality 100% cotton bed linen and bath towels provided
- Portacot available
- Spacious cooks kitchen - timber features, laminate-free!
- Beautiful cookbooks for inspiration.
- Lemon tree, herbs in pots (parsley, thyme, oregano, rosemary, lemon verbena)
- French press, stove-top espresso and Aeropress coffee makers
- Fresh coffee beans, grinder, tea, sugar, hot-choc, organic milk supplied
- New microwave
- New fridge/freezer and new stove
- Quality cookware and utensils
- Vintage kitchen linen
- Long table for slow dinners with friends and family
- Morning sun - a perfect breakfast spot
- Large timber deck area & outdoor dining overlooking rural views
- Bottle shop supplying the best regional wines only 3 minutes walk away
- Large wood firebox in living room for toasty winter stays
- Plentiful supply of firewood, kindling, and fire-starters
- Book lovers selection of favourite books - classic and contemporary
- Board games - all the classics: scrabble, backgammon, chess, monopoly, mastermind
- Children's puzzles, wooden and vintage toys, colouring pencils
- Reverse cycle air-con/heater
- Great selection of magazines
- TV and DVD/selection of DVDs
- Radio and CD player, selection of CDs
- Large shower with loads of hot water and a great shower-head
- Quality bath towels, hand towels,and face washers provided
- Shampoo and conditioner, body-wash, hand-soap, and tissues supplied
- Natural/chemical free cleaning products
- Washing machine, outdoor clothes line
- Iron and ironing board
- Portable fan and radiant heater in bed rooms
- Renovated, managed and cleaned by the owners - keeping it personal and affordable
- There are no cleaning or add-on fees
IN THE YARD
- Large established specimen trees, shade for pets
- Tyre swing - always a favourite
- Large lawn
- Free WiFi
- Good mobile coverage
FROM THE GUEST BOOK:
"Our two nights in Fish Creek Cottage were a wonderful oasis in a busy
holiday. We wished we had booked for a longer visit. The cottage is very
attractive, comfortable and thoughtfully furnished. Everything we needed was
there, and the hosts were very welcoming and helpful. The fire and heat pump
made a winter visit very warm and restful. Sunrise over the deck was
beautiful, and ... cafe added to our great experience. We
enjoyed being so close to Wilson's Promontory National Park and the beaches.
We will be back!" - Sue, Nelson NZ
"Just a note to say how much we enjoyed staying at Fish Creek Cottage. We loved the tasteful rustic look of the cottage and the pleasant outdoor deck. The beds were comfortable and the kitchen very well-equipped. Above all, we appreciated the thoughtful touches, such as the board games, the CD's and player, binoculars and the splendid selection of books. Many thanks, we'll be back." - Christine, Yarraville
"We're so glad we found this place! Beautifully put together with so many little treasures to look at and read. My idea of heaven." -H, MayGet the full listing »