Just one of our gorgeous guests reviews ;
Tanya's cottage is the perfect little place for a tranquil getaway! The moment you arrive you feel like you're in another world. The expansive views are just something. The cottage is so cosy, beautifully laid out and have 360 views. It's a quintessential country style cottage with all the modern ammenities. Tanya was very easy to deal with and a very attentive host. We will definitely be back :)
* 3 hours north of Sydney is your 'best of both worlds' getaway
* Unique, clean, cozy and just beautiful, 2 bedroom private cottage with a selection of beautiful beaches from just 30 mins away
* The gorgeous Tallwoods Golf Course only 30 mins away, with Blackhead Beach, Blackhead Markets and recently renovated Hallidays Point Tavern just minutes from the golf course
* Local village - Nabiac is a 10 minute, picturesque drive, offering gorgeous giftware, vintage, craft and op shops, variety of eateries inc The Greenhouse Cafe, a good ole' fashioned take away, the Bakery and the Nabiac Hotel (with courtesy bus available on Tues, Fri and Sat nights). For recreation, Nabiac also offers a tennis court (bookings essential), swimming pool, park and oval. With the convenience of grocery stores, butchers, chemist, newsagency, hair and beauty, Nabiac has everything you need !! The well known National Motorbike Museum also resides in Nabiac - 'Nabiac - be amazed' !!
* The village of Krambach also 10 mins has a traditional pub and cafe. Follow the Krambach Rd to the gorgeous Gloucester Shire/Barrington Tops for a day trip - only 40 mins away!!
* Villa d'Esta Winery 5 mins, Great Lakes Paddocks about 25 mins away
* Bike/walking track behind property
* Sitting pretty atop the hill, with uninterrupted skies, the cottage surrounds are perfect for setting up a telescope and star gazing
* Nabiac Farmers Market is on the last Saturday of each month, excluding December. The market is continually growing, with over 80 stalls at last count !! It's a fantastic morning out, starting at 8am through to 12 noon. Music plays in the background as you wander the market observing the amazing displays of produce and talent in the region.
As the song goes, I found my thrills on (blueberry) - observatory hill. Observatory View Cottage sits atop a hill, boasting the views once enjoyed by the old observatory which stands beside it, taking full advantage of spectacular and uninterrupted views of the starry nights. This fully renovated 2 bedroom light filled cottage takes pride of place on 100 undulating acres in Firefly, just a 10 min drive off the Pacific Highway, in the hinterland of the mid north coast of NSW. Only 3 hours north of Sydney, or 1½ hours from Newcastle or Port Macquarie, this holiday cottage is bursting with its own unique style.
The main bedroom featuring a king sized bed opens upon a view of distant dams, forest, and paddocks, with a large grassed clearing in the foreground. The second bedroom with a queen sized bed overlooks the other side of the hill, which complete with hills hoist empties into the valley beyond. Both beds are fitted with high quality crisp linen, with a large sofa lounge in the sitting room providing another sleeping option for further guests.
The sitting and dining areas front an open plan fully self contained new but rustic kitchen, complete with stone sink and coffee machine. If cooking inside is not for you, a 2 burner gas BBQ is available – that is, if you can motivate yourself to move off the comfort of the timber deck first.
There is a separate toilet and bathroom with large shower, and a laundry with the full complement of whitegoods to cater for any cleaning incurred in a rural lifestyle. Air-conditioning or an electric log heater make the cottage comfortable for all seasons.
Enjoying fresh tank water, and an outdoor garden setting amongst the trees, soak up the tranquil landscape whichever way you choose. This country cottage offers a taste of both modernity and history, where city comforts blend with rustic charm. With views from every window and the village atmosphere of Nabiac, the sandy white beaches of Forster, the glory of the mighty Manning River in Taree and Wingham, or the dramatic escarpment of Gloucester and Barrington only short drives away, this is a getaway that should not be missed.
Property owners Tanya and Troy are available nearby should you need any assistance, but otherwise the privacy of this retreat and all it has to offer can be yours to enjoy.
Please note:- Check-in and Check-out times can be made flexible subject to availability. Please ask if you have a special request.
We enormously enjoyed four relaxing and indulgent days at this beautiful cottage. A fantastic breath of peace and fresh air, in gorgeous surroundings.
Thanks very much for rescuing our Easter and for looking after us so well. We had a great break. Our two year old is still talking about it (misses the puppy)! On the way back to Sydney, she kept on asking to go back to the “Holiday House!”.
The cottage itself was beautiful – stylish, tastefully renovated, offering city comfort with country charm. Super comfortable beds – we all slept better than we had in we had in months - gorgeous bathroom, lovely open plan kitchen.
We also loved that the cottage has such a soulful history - with the old observatory on the grounds. Lovely to have our own private lawn and gardens - and the view from both lounge and main bedroom over the rolling country hillside was amazing, the deck perfect for relaxing with a nice glass of wine – or two. It was a great launching point for adventures to the surrounding area, and just for relaxing, cooking and reading a book…
Thanks again and we will be back!
Stay more than one night and receive a complimentry breakfast hamper for the first morning - bacon, eggs, bread and juice. Milk is always provided along with tea and coffee. At your request (with notice), for an additional cost of $10 per person, we can supply breakfast for each morning. If your break away is purely for rest and relaxtion, pop into Nabiac where the Greenhouse Cafe (open 7 days per week with the exception of public holidays) serves up delicious breakfast, brunch and lunch meals and a selection of amazing cakes and slices, all made in-house by their full-time pastry chef. The Nabiac Hotel is also open 7 days per week for lunch and dinner and offers a courtesy bus on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday nights. The bus can pick you up from the cottage and bring you 'home'.Get the full listing »