DEVON COTTAGE - WINNER - EXCELLENCE IN ACCOMMODATION & BOOKING.COM - Guest Review Awards.
Is one of 4 cottages it provides a unique cosy accommodation experience for a truly romantic and peaceful getaway. It is located in a sylvan setting of trees, hedges, ponds and garden rooms on the estate.
The Unique Rustic cottage accommodation for 2 or 3 - queen bed upstairs and single bed in enclosed verandah downstairs - (the additional bed is $50 extra .PLEASE NOTE - It has the bathroom downstairs and a steepish Stable-type staircase -with standard tread- ( is not suitable for the elderly / infirmed or small children) - is totally self-contained and fully equipped for your relaxation.
A wood basket supplied during winter is $35extra and charged if used -( April-August)
The cottage's at Southdown are
DEVON COTTAGE - 2 or 3 people
SOUTHDOWN STABLE -4 or 6 people
SOUTHDOWN COTTAGE - 4 people
DEVON LONG BARN - 2 people & baby
A 2 day complementary basket breakfast is provided.
PLEASE NOTE -The cottage is not suitable for the elderly or infirmed or small children
Cancellation Policy - 50% of the total cost will be charged if cancellation up to 30 days prior to arrival and total cost will be charged within 30 days of arrival.
It is set in the historic 1857 "Southdown" manicured 6 acre gardened estate. Your accommodation gives you access to this Southern Highlands iconic garden and yet you are just 3 minutes drive from the cafes, antique & boutique shops of Bowral town centre.
There are many vinyards, open gardens and National parks to visit within a 15 minutes drive.
Cancellation Policy - 50% of total cost will be charged if cancelled up to 30 days of arrival and the full amount will be charged if cancelled within 30 days of arrival. Credit card details will be held for the accommodation bond.
- "A magical cottage, we loved every minute of our stay a piece of paradise, thank you" Mark & Susan Taylor
- " Our heats will smile whenever we think of Devon Cottage. See you again soon" Jan
- "Devon Cottage is truly a slice of heaven on earth & a perfect way to enjoy "Dolle far niente" ...The sweetness of doing nothing!! perfect in every way, thank you". Donna D -
- "We made all our friend staying at Craigburn (for our friend's wedding) jealous. The attention to details is exquisite - Melanie & Ari.
- " What a beautiful place to spend the first two nights of our honeymoon. Great choice by my husband as feel like a quaint English cottage with Alice in wonderland gardens a surprise around every corner. Thank you for a lovely stay" - Helen & Justin Whealing
- "Wow!!!- where do we start???? The absolute "perfect" getaway that we needed & were both looking for. All boxes were ticked!!! I just wish we stay stayed longer to escape from reality & the rat race. Oh well it means that we will just have to come back again!!! Can't wait!! Thank you !!! " Regards Chris & Sarah
- " I just wanted to thank you for a wonderful stay in Devon Cottage. It was recommended to us by friends and it definitely lived up to their rave reviews. I have been recommending it to everyone I came across so far today." Sinead Connolly.
- " Hi Margaret, It was quite nice feeling as if we were hidden away from the world. We loved our stay and the cottage was just georgous. Thank you." - Elise Thogersen
- "Despite non stop rain Devon Cottage lived up to our expectations of quaint, peaceful place to take in the beauty of the Southern Highlands. Thank you." John & Liz
Southdown Cottages are -
WINNER 2009 & 2014 - EXCELLENCE IN ACCOMMODATION - SHBAwards
& 2015 & 2016 & 2017 BOOKING.COM - Guest Review Awards
- Devon Cottage's has a professionally decorated interior
The original slab building is a 1880 fruit picker's hut that has been reconstructed on the Southdown Estate with an extra storey added.
The Cottage has a very rustic interior with an eclectic collection of country & Victorian furniture and bric a brac.
Upstairs the large bedroom/lounge with comfy sofa invites you to relax in front of the TV or you can enjoy the window views overlooking the rose, cottage gardens and ponds.
Downstairs has a cosy living area with lounge, a dining corner and wood fire in winter.
The enclosed verandah room has the additional single bed which also provides an outdoor room to
sit and enjoy the flora & fauna.
An old fashioned period kitchenette - fully equipped - provides full cooking facilities, all be it a titch small.
Reverse cycle air-conditioning and ceiling fan upstairs /fans - electric heating and wood fire downstairs ensures comfort all year round.
A wonderful romantic hideaway for a couple.
The "Southdown" Estate Southdown is an historic 1857 estate where old and new gardens and trees are blended into tranquil and timeless 'rooms'.
Wander among the old hedges, and the many cottage, herb, rose and herbaceous gardens. Enjoy the huge old trees, massed bulb plantings, sweeping lawns, pools and ponds, cherry walk, potager, parterre and Shakespeare gardens and orchard all of which change dramatically through the seasons. The bird life is abundant.
While at Southdown you can take a stroll around the English-like countryside of Burradoo or take a pleasant 20 minute walk into Bowral for your coffee/lunch at one of the many wonderful cafes.Get the full listing »