Legasea is a small beach cabin that offers a simple, relaxing beach stay in the suburb of Depot Beach of which there are only 49 houses. Legasea cabin is situated within the pristine Murramarang National Park with a focus on the special experience you get from being close to the flora and fauna that helps make this spot so unique.
At Legasea, we offer a welcoming and cosy cabin, rather than a luxurious one. It would be ideal for a couple or one family due to it's size. If this is the kind of stay you're after then keep reading....
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ONLY HAVE 6 NIGHTS LEFT FOR JANUARY 2020 AND SHOULD YOU WISH TO BOOK AT THIS TIME, YOU WOULD NEED TO STAY FOR THE ENTIRE 6 NIGHTS AS THIS IS OUR PEAK PERIOD. Thank you for your understanding!
A NOTE ABOUT CLEANING FEES: We don't charge any ...... so would expect you to leave the cabin clean and tidy after your stay. Thank you!
LONG WEEKENDS: Due to regular guest demand, please understand that your booking may not be accepted if you are not booking for the entire long weekend.
- two bedrooms; one with two bunks, the other with a queen sized bed.
- kitchen; with dishwasher, electric stove and oven. Please note no microwave.
- bathroom; with washing machine, shower only.
- living area; with TV/DVD player.
- ALL BED LINEN IS SUPPLIED. This includes pillows, doonas, pillow and doona covers, sheets, extra blankets and electric blanket in the cooler months.
- undercover gas BBQ/deck area with a bar fridge, for outdoor meals and enjoying the ocean views.
- outdoor shower and fire pit.
- large grassy yard which is unfenced.
Legasea cabin is an ideal place to stay for those who are looking for a city escape and getting back to nature. There are many native birds and animals who visit the cabin/yard including parrots, wrens, kangaroos, wallabies, bandicoots, possums and goannas. Due to some visiting dogs chasing the resident kangaroos, we are sorry that we can no longer allow pets.
While there is limited mobile phone reception at Depot Beach, there is a working pay phone close by or it is a short distance up the road for some reception. Please note there is no wi-fi / foxtel connection at the cabin. Sometimes it's nice to have a break from technology too. It is also good to know that the closest 'corner shop/cafe', is a short 2 minute drive away.
Depot Beach is approximately a two and a half hour drive from Canberra and about a four hour drive from Sydney.
What to bring:
- beach towels (can be hired for an extra cost); bath towels, tea towels, bath mat and hand towel are provided.
- personal toiletries; there are some eco-friendly bathroom products for guest convenience, including body wash, shampoo/conditioner, hand wash/lotion.
- groceries for your stay; there is a small coffee machine which takes Espressotoria capsules only.
Like all of the places at Depot Beach, Legasea cabin runs on tank water and so relies on water conservation. There is no need to boil water for drinking at the cabin, as water filters have been fitted. Include bottled water in your packing if you prefer.
We have a small selection of books/games/ DVDs at the cabin.
Things to do at Depot Beach: you can do as much or as little as you'd like!
There are so many beautiful walks and beaches within a short walking distance from Legasea cabin including;
- the short rainforest trail at the Depot Beach car park, one of the last pockets of forest that originates from the time of the dinosaurs.
- explore the rocks on your way towards Pebbly Beach around the coast at low tide
- take the 1km trail around to the next southern beach, through spotted gum and
burrawang palm forest, water views all the way
- visit the National Parks camping office to find out about any tours
- the beautiful Depot Beach for swimming, snorkelling, surfing, fishing, shallow pools at the south end are ideal for small children
- put your boat in at the natural boat ramp at the northern end of Depot Beach
- the smaller Shelly Beach just around the southern headland
- some guests were lucky enough to see whales and seals at Depot Beach and dolphins are regular visitors
If you like going out and about there are shopping centres, cinemas, mini golf, golf club, eateries, cafés in nearby Bateman's Bay. Drive to the old gold mine village of Mogo for quirky shops and cafés and visit Mogo zoo where you can see endangered animals up close.
Or simply spend time relaxing at Legasea Cabin.....
- play a game of 'happy hour' darts while you appreciate the evening view
- at night enjoy the spectacular stars while you sit round the fire
- cook easy BBQ meals or buy fresh local seafood including oysters and prawns to eat out on the back deck
- take photos of the wildlife that visit
- have a game of finska in the backyard; if you haven't heard of this game, try it, as it's a lot of fun.
- relax with a book on the day bed lounge
- bring scooters/bikes to ride around the quiet street
Legasea = 'this is the life'Get the full listing »