One-room apartment, carefully designed to provide you with the best experience in the city.
When Rosario was the Pago de los Arroyos, these lands were part of Estancia Marull. Over the years, the height of the area, its location and proximity to the river were witness to the cannon shots that were made from the ravines to stop the advance of the ships of the Anglo-French fleet that moved north through the Paraná River after having overcome the attack of the "Vuelta de Obligado" in San Pedro.
Subsequently, in the period from 1859 to 1861 the ravines again take center stage during the conflict between the Argentine Confederation and Buenos Aires. Over the years, at the end of the 19th century, the city began to take shape as an important cereal plaza. In the Urquiza Park, at the height of Chacabuco and 9 de Julio, there is the building of the old Santa Fe Railroad station and the roads that Av. Freedom, going down to the Parque a la Bandera, formed the route of the railroad that reached the port to move the cereal.
Already entered the twentieth century, (1920-40) the entire area was a wasteland considered dangerous. The ravines were full of "caves" where people lived, according to the story of ancient settlers. On the current Av. Freedom, boxes filled with cartons and cans that looked towards the river abounded. This hamlet continued to Rioja street. The only thing in the area was the Yerbatera Martin and the port.
Necochea street was cut 20 meters before reaching February 3 and Colon Street reached Mendoza, where the industrial establishment dedicated to the production of yerba mate was located. The change begins in 1960 with the urbanization of the area known as Barrio Martin, from the loteo that the Martin family made in the 50s and that ranged from the yerbatera, located in Colon and Mendoza, to Chacabuco.
The yuyales and the abandonment gave way to the elegant Urquiza Park, and to the opening of streets allowing access to its steep ravines that turned it into a true balcony to the river. The area was limited to the central area of the city and was considered marginal and far away by the people of Rosario, but when this first intervention began, the land offered for sale quickly became the most expensive in the city. It had begun to transform a space that in a short time would become one of the most elegant areas of Rosario.
In its beginnings, the Martin Quarter was characterized because its inhabitants built abundant two-storey houses that surrounded the Urquiza Park and extended by Avenida de la Libertad, until in the 70's, the second intervention of the area began. In that period, these houses gave way to important buildings that turned Barrio Martin into the highest neighborhood in Rosario and one of the most sophisticated. For more than 30 years, the axis of the city was this area that included the Urquiza Park at one end and the National Flag Monument at the other.
As of the beginning of the 21st century, the third transformation of Barrio Martín begins, resulting from the investment of more than 120 million dollars, which is turned over to works that will give added value to the area and that will end up consolidating the neighborhood. Works that will mostly be studied in different academic areas for their design, for their constructive resolution, and for their art.
Barrio Martín has history and glamor. For real estate specialists, it always presents itself as a safe place to invest. It has been and continues to be synonymous today with elegance and "good living". This third transformation that the Barrio is experiencing means the culmination of what started 40 years ago with the most emblematic construction of the area, the Aqualina Tower that serves as the spearhead of a peninsula that will culminate with the launching of the Port of La Music.
The second step was started by Terrazas de Santa Cruz on the corner of Ayacucho and Mendoza, where its appearance can already be seen. The changes continue with the reconversion of that area, which involves the estate of the former yerbatera Martin, where Parque Río has already begun to rise and the possibility of the construction of two other 20-story buildings whose designs have already been approved. The intervention of the neighborhood reaches the concrete structure of the unfinished and failed project called Construfe that will also be transformed into two buildings. Continuing with the high-end projects, by Calle Mendoza, next to Urquiza Park, the Atlántida Limited Edition building advances and by Av. Freedom near Parque a la Bandera soon starts the Barrancas Libertad tower.
Finally, the closure of this third transformation of Barrio Martín will be given by the construction by the provincial state of Puerto de la Música that will cover an area of 50,000 square meters and will be located on the coast at the height of Av. Pellegrini. Barrio Martin receives an important investment from the private sector and from the public sector with projects that will have the signatures of the architects Oscar Niemeyer, Mario Roberto Alvarez, Augusto Pantarotto, Gonzalo Sanchez Hermelo, Miguel Lamas and Oscar Soler among others. The magnitude of these interventions will be more valued over time. It would not be wrong to say that Barrio Martin could be transformed into a kind of open-air museum that will house works that will transcend the time in which they were born.Get the full listing »