Lincoln Falls Retreat- Mountain home with you and your family in mind!!!
The home has a new Wind River Hot Tub for our winter guests to enjoy after a long day of skiing. The hot tub is on the deck and has great mountain views. There is a large deck to enjoy along with 2 separate living room areas. Apple TV with DVD player with a large selection of DVD's and games are provided for the guests.
The home has an open dining and living area with wood fireplace with wood stove insert. The kitchen boast plenty of space to create meals together and still visit with everyone. There is also another living area with couches that has Apple TV and DVD player, one group can go watch and entertain ,while there is room for a whole group in the main living room to entertain.
There are 4 bedrooms one on the main floor with a Jack and Jill set up. This room has a Queen bed, plenty of closet and dresser space. The bathroom has a walk in shower and can be reached from the kitchen and the bedroom. The upstairs has 3 bedrooms, one with a Queen bed attached to the Jack and Jill bathroom that has a shower/tub. The other 2 bedrooms have a twin beds with extra mattresses to expand the sleeping area, there is a connecting archway between them and they share the bathroom with the Queen bedroom.
From the large deck you have another space to entertain and enjoy. The hot tub is great and there is an outdoor seating area. During the summer,fall and spring you can enjoy the acerage or walk down to fishing, go hiking on the trails that are close. You can even explore an old mining area. This home is the perfect vacation retreat!!
There is an attached garage for parking along with parking in the driveway.The driveway is plowed in the winter and the roads are county maintained but 4-wheel drive is required due to the frequent snow storms in this area. We recommend 4WD from December through April.
Fairplay and Alma are the activity center of the Colorado Rocky Mountains and is often referred to as the Base Camp for all activities some of which include skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountain climbing, snow-shoeing, horseback riding (winter too), ice climbing, fishing, hunting, rafting, snow-mobiling, 4-wheeling, ATVing, mine exploring, canoeing, kayaking, and much much more.
If you can think of an outdoor activity, you will probably find it within 10-20 minutes of the cabin. It is a great area to call your "Base Camp". The home is located within walking distance of Montgomery Reservoir and Lincoln Falls which the cabin is name after.
* FISHING ... Gold Medal/Blue Ribbon Fishing. 5 area lakes and public river a short drive away
* Within Minutes of the home... Access to National Forest/Montgomery Reservoir, Lincoln Falls, Ice Climbing, skiing, snowboarding, and some of the best snow-shoeing and 4-wheeling in Colorado
* Alma... Historic Mining Town (Highest in North America) - 5 minutes.
* Breckenridge ... ski, snow-board, snowmobile, fish, boat, golf - 15 min. NW
* Buena Vista ... Hot Springs, fishing, raft the Arkansas River - 40 min. SW
* Salida ... fishing, hiking, jeep trails , rafting - 45 min SW
* Como Historic Railroad District - 20 min. NW
* Fairplay Historic Mining Town - 8 min. NW
* Denver ... shopping, theaters, sports, amusements parks -90 min NE
* Cripple Creek ... gold mining, gambling - 60 min.
* Canon City ... home of the Royal Gorge - 60 min SE
* Manitou Springs ... Cave of the Winds, Pikes Peak - 60 min. SEGet the full listing »